Similarities between Roman Catholics and Jehovah`s Witnesses

by smiddy 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wiser
    wiser

The topic and comments are very informative.

• Sulla
    Sulla

So, according to Sulla and the official church doctrine, the RCC is Christ's Church alone, correct? Can we please get a clarification on this? A simple yes or no?

I'd rather this be a learning experience for me. What does the Catholic Church have to offer? Why claim it as the sole truth?

Knowsnothing, both the Orthodox and the Catholics have valid apostolic succession. Nobody else does. Thus, other Christian groups are splinters from the Church and are in greater or lesser union with it. The fullness of the gospel is taught by those churches in full communion with the bishop of Rome. The degree to which those churches not in full communion with Rome fail to possess the full gospel ranges from de minimus (Orthodox) to complete (JWs).

If you think that the life of a Christian centers around communion with Christ, then the Eucharist is the theological and historical center of that thing known as Christian religion. That can happen in Orthodox or Catholic churches. In addition to the sacraments, a Christian can also benefit from the faithful teachings of the ancient Church and the witness of the saints as guides to holiness.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I'd rather this be a learning experience for me. What does the Catholic Church have to offer? Why claim it as the sole truth?

The RCC offers, much liek the orthodox one, apostolic lineage and unbroken tradtion.

All that we have in terms of Christian doctrines, tradition and denominations are owed to the RCC and the Orthodox Church.

There is only ONE truth and that truth is God, not any book, institution, organized reigion, or anything else.

Again, the RCC and the JW"s share some things in common, a heiarchy being the most obvious, but they are world's apart in terms of doctrines, history and traditions.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

One big thing difference, that I noticed, between the RCC and JWs, is that when you go to Mass, it's all about worship. At the kh, it's all about studying and proving that JWs are right and the only ones God loves and will save during Armagaddon. Did we ever worship Jehovah or Jesus? All I remember doing is studying the WT mag and listening to talks, learing how to go,what to say in fs, and studying one of their publications at the Tues night study.

PHG

• NoStonecutters
    NoStonecutters

Indeed, PSacremento. If all the denominations and Churches today had followed the Bible in the Apostolic tradition of the Church Fathers, we would not have the huge mess we have today. The Apostolic tradition is simple and straightforward, whereas, all the sects and cults today are complicated and just about dominating and controlling people.

• smiddy
    smiddy

No Stonecutters , PSacremento ,and other theists ,

" . If all the denominations and Churches today had followed the Bible in the Apostolic tradition of the Church Fathers, we would not have the huge mess we have today. The Apostolic tradition is simple and straightforward, whereas, all the sects and cults today are complicated and just about dominating and controlling people."

IF, and this is a BIG, IF ,Jehovah , Allah , Yahweh , or whatever else you want to call" GOD" ,{ all man made names I might add} , has kept silent these past 2000+ years , dont you think it`s possible he/she/it/ only exists in the minds of theists ?

Does this scripture fit YOUR GOD ? : " Eyes they have but they cannot see , ears they have, but they cannot hear , a mouth they have but they cannot speak , those worshipping them will become just like them ." ( SILENT )?

I haven`t heard GOD come to his defence these past 2000 years , when atrocities ,barbaric acts , against both theists and so called infidels have occured, attributed to his name , He is

GOD isn`t he ?

What did that scripture I say I referred to ? is he pre-occupied on the privvy ?

Whats that saying ? if you live in glass houses dont throw stones .

food for thought

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit