Similarities between Roman Catholics and Jehovah`s Witnesses

by smiddy 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Think of it as:

You are saved now enjoy the eucharist and NOT: you partake of the euhcarist and now you are saved.

• cofty
    cofty

So what are you not telling us?

Apart from Orthodox and RCC priests nobody can adminster the eucharist so that rules out all Protestant denominations.

non-Catholic Christians, for example, can be saved, even if they do not ever in their lives receive a valid (from the Catholic perspective) Eucharist.

Please expand on "can".

The official Watchtower answer to the question "Will only JWs be saved" is no but we all know what they really mean. This sounds familiar.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Yeah, what they said. Lemme just add, Cofty, that I said that drama queen thing just because you were talking like the Church claims to send you to hell if you are a schismatic. That ain't true and the statement is uncharistically unhelpful, in my opinion.

• cofty
    cofty

It is God's Grace that gives salvation, not anything that man does or partakes in.

I know soteriology very well PS thanks.

I feel as if there is a lot of prevarication going on.

Why become a RC if a protestant can receive god's grace regardless of their fully-informed rejection of the RCC?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Please expand on "can".

"Those who through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience--those too may achieve eternal salvation"

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm

• cofty
    cofty

you were talking like the Church claims to send you to hell if you are a schismatic. That ain't true and the statement is uncharistically unhelpful, in my opinion.

So somebody who dies in active opposition to the RCC is not in any danger of eternal torment in hell then?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

All those that accept Jesus Christ as Lord BECOME part of the catholic (universal) church (Not the RCC) and they are saved NOT because they became part of the church but because of God's divine Grace through Jesus.

All those that do NOT accept Jesus because they do not KNOW him, will be judged based on their actions and intents.

All those that KNOW Jesus and REJECT Him will not be saved and have alrady been judged.

The crucial element here is KNOW Christ and what that means.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

And even non Catholics who are not Christians, because while they live there is yet a chance for them to learn and believe. And even if they die not believing, they may yet. E saved as the Church does not seek to limit God's promise of salvation, since Christ died to save all. Always, always, there is Gld's merciful grace to consider.

Never anywhere,despite all of Canon Law, does the Church forget that God can and will act as he chooses, and that he wants everyone to come to him. However, those who, with full knowledge, deliberately turn their back on God, stand in grave risk of condemnation, but only God knows.

however great the sin, not only does the Church make available the Sacrament of Reconciliation, but it recognises, as the priest who instructed me all those years ago made certain that I understood, that anyone who in his heart is sincerely sorry, is forgiven. Such a one will still benefit from the Sacrament of Reconciliation (confession).

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

There is only one sin that leads to damnation and that is to blasphemy the HS, which is to deny ( meaning to know and reject) Christ.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Yes, PSacramento, always allowing for God"s grace and mercy, and never limiting God by our own statements or rules. Because only God can see the true state of anyone's heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit