Conti v Watchtower - Court Denies Watchtower Motion re: Substituting Bond - November 16 court documents in pdf

by jwleaks 102 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What is going on with this case? I know that lawyers generally grant each other extra time as a professional courtesy. Perhaps settlement talks are taking place. Does anyone know what the status is as of today? Everyone here was so excited. Some resolution would be nice (assuming Conti prevails).

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@NotJustYet:

It's very possible they didn't have the cash or they would've ponied up the cash themselves. They could've deluded themselves into thinking 'god will fix it'.

They may have the investments but they'll need to turn them into liquidity which can be very negative in the return rates (if you open up eg. a CD account for 12 months but want to liquidate it after 6 months, you'll pay a hefty fee). They may have the cash now after all the buildings they sold in the last few years, I don't know. I think after they got smacked down in court, they probably started to put a contingency plan in place (selling additional property, saving money out of investments or cutting costs elsewhere) so by the time they have to pay up they'll probably have something in place but it will hurt regardless but it's also very possible they're still deluded in thinking that "Jehober will fix this".

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they put a contingency plan in place, this means they don't trust in Jehovah as much as they tell their followers to. If they don't, well then they stand to lose financially and in reputation.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I suspect they may settle or proceed with litigation. Somehow I don't believe trusting in Jehovah is their actual strategy. No, their lawyers and business advisors are making financial calculations. Don't forget. The Witnesses may win the court case. There is no guarantee that Conti will prevail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit