Elders Douchbag Awards!

by Unbrainwashed publisher1 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Unbrainwashed publisher1
    Unbrainwashed publisher1

Would like to start a thread awarding Douchbag Elders in every Kingdom Hall. Not for the poor souls who are mentally trapped in org and Serv. for the greater good of the flock.

But those Elders who you somehow never see in service yet pioneers? Who keeps a pair of knee pads in their Elders Bag for assuming instantly the Brown nosing position if they see a C.O. It is interesting C.O. and Elders ALWAYS work together on his visit? Hmmmmmmm

For those Elders who's wives have no life and miserably lives vicariously through a husband with an education of a 2nd grader, the kingdom halls are littered with these Losers

• hoser
    hoser

It is interesting C.O. and Elders ALWAYS work together on his visit? Hmmmmmmm

The reason they work together is to talk the business of running the congregation. They do very little door to door preaching. They spend a lot of time between doors talking.

on the subject of douchbag elders, yes there are quite a few. There are some very nice honest elders who try their best but they usually get pushed to the sidelines by the ladder-climbing pharisee elders.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

thats because the sincire ones play by the rules. The insincire elders know this and ususally marginalize them. I've seen quite a few elders step down becasue they just can't deal with the constant BS

• Unbrainwashed publisher1
    Unbrainwashed publisher1

Yes this is true CO's do meet and talk with elders out in service.

I just always found it interesting with all the meetings they already have and opportunities to speak with him why is that time not dedicated exclusively for the flock? Many of whom take off work just to be able to work with himin service.

I guess it adds to the allure and mystic of his presence? LOL

The worship that CO's are given is nauseating especially the bromance with the elders. All it is, is a pep rally or big sales meeting the CO visit!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

the last CO visit I saw should have won the douchebag award. I watched the elders hover over this guy to the point that you couldn't get near him. They basically cut off all access to him.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

ive seen the nicest and sincerest either be refused co work or get removed from it. and despite being DFd - genuine people I remember with fondness, get nowhere..

in a way its good for them - it increases their chances of becoming despondent.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I could name names!

As an elder I saw the bully boy elders and CoBE at their sycophantic worst especially in elders meetings. Oh my g...imaginary sky daddy, the bullies were unbelieveably smarmy to the CO. How did I ever stand it?!?!?!

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

i have my own personal favourites and their narrow view of reality.

many years ago I asked an elders son 'does your dad do installation'? - (at the convention)

he sneered at me and said, low and deliberately.. My dad [Name] IS installation....

looking back I think wow, take that out of the context of the witnesses and who gives a flying F?

this same persons dad - The elder - was once presiding over a clean up day where I was painting some bollards. - he wanted me to do something a certain way - which made no difference to the overall operation - as a reasoning adult you know there are several acceptable ways of doing things and its not just YOUR way. - When I suggested how I was doing it he just said again and again interrupting me - WHAT DID NOAH DO? WHAT DID NOAH DO? - I wish I were who I am now - I would have simply replied that you are not God.

eventually the son of the elder was reproved for having an affair - just as he was about to go on the circuit and give the memorial talk... - oh how happy the congregation were - no one liked him. the sad thing though it proved how Jehovah brings things to light at a critical phase... :(

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

CO visits suck ass.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Before I stepped down and escaped the Borg......I called a meeting with the new jerk C.O. and ripped his ass really good.

You all would have been proud.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit