Should I stay or should I go now?

by meat pie 14 Replies latest jw friends

• meat pie
    meat pie

I know that really only I can decide,(unless I get DF'd) but to-day I'm in a real quandry. Should I be honest and tell them I'm never going back, because I really have no intention of ever going back.Or would that just give the orgaanization some kind of validity. Or , if this is really some kind of 'Evil Organization' SHOULD'NT I officially leave as a matter of urgency.Matthew 24:15. I'm really just thinking out loud. I have no family or real friends in the org. But as I have mentioned before I could use the time to tell some of them about the hippocrasy, before I get DF'd for doing so. but really what good would it do? I value your opinions.

• Sargon
    Sargon

Honesty is the best policy. Get the hell outta there, wave your freak flag high!

Imagination is more important than Knowledge. Albert Einstein

• patio34
    patio34

It's all up to what's important to you. I do agree that to argue with them is to give them validity. There is much you can do behind the scene, as it were. since you have no family, it's not as drastic as those of us with families still in. Let us know what you decide.

• rekless
    rekless

be true unto thyself.

Hell is truth seen too late. H.G.Adams

• zev
    zev

as someone who has restled with this very thing for months....

i can tell you from personal experience.....do what you feel is right....FOR YOU!.

i'm not saying you should do this, but tommorow, i will be mailing my d.a. letter.

i have gone back and forth, and am at the point where i feel i hve made the right decision for me.

it is the right thing for me, it may not be right for you. you have to wieght the different reasons in your life and your situation.

the decision to do this relieved me so much, that i knew it was the right one

don't let anyone force you into anything, but wieght it all out, and make the decision that makes you feel most right.

at the very least you have no family "in". count your blessings. there are many out there who stay, for just that reason. imagine the pain and suffering they go through. personally, i don't know if i could.

i'd crack.

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America
    U.A.D.N.A.--Rhode Island

• Scully
    Scully

Dear meat pie:

I've had those moments too where I wonder if I should just be "honest" and tell them that I have no intention of going back ever. However when you do that, you empower them to treat you as they see fit. They were less than honest with you in the way you were taught about the organization, they are dishonest with everyone they contact in their door-to-door work about their methods and research. They will lie to protect the WTS in Courts of Law, the WTS will lie to protect its own interests (for example charitable/tax-free status) by sacrificing the right to life of innocent children to the European commission of Human Rights.

They call this "Theocratic War Strategy".

I call it "hypocrisy". They don't deserve your honesty, IMO. Don't give them the power to abuse you by being honest with them.

Love, Scully
    UADNA-C (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-Canada)

• meat pie
    meat pie

Thankyou all very much for your thoughtful replies. Meat pie.

• Geordie
    Geordie

My thoughts are, and to quote the same band......

"Rock the Kazbah."

Good luck.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

In my case, I thought it was important for me to make a statement. After doing enough research to convince myself that the BORG is full of shit, I didn't want to just fade away, to have my former associates think that I was just "struggling" or "inactive". By disassociating, I let them all know (and a lot of them liked and respected me) my real feelings. I hope that it may give some of them the courage to do the same, as it doesn't take a genius to figure out that most dubs are just coasting, doing the same things week in and week out, because they can't imagine another way, the BORG has so thoroughly taken over their lives.

• LB
    LB

If my son were not in, I would DA myself instantly. All our other JW "friends" have disassociated themselves from us a long time ago anyway.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit