they just refuse to get trapped! (mice)

by nuthouse escapee 19 Replies latest jw friends

• lost1
    lost1

One thing that worked every time for me was baiting the trap with pieces of chocolate. They could not get enough of it. I used humane traps and released them in the woods nearby but the little buggers returned. Was not so humane next time!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

The rest are playing head games with me.

LOL!

mouse

• Qcmbr
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Mice run the universe, yaknow. Seriously though, they have amazing survival skills. I watched a couple of them as my cat played w them. I had to do the dirty deed, as she was having too much fun w them alive. My cat cleared the whole building where i used to live. You can't beat a cat for getting rid of them.

S

• james_woods
    james_woods

It is true - the cat is quite cruel with them, but also quite effective.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Mice just need some respect.

I had some mice. I saw one on my stove. I walked up, and said "Hey, you don't pay rent. You don't belong here. I would appreciate it if you departed my place of residence."

I was stern, but kind.

He grabbed his homies and I watched them walk into the sunset...

• jgnat
  • mamochan13
    mamochan13

I had mice in my house for the first time last year. So I got a cat. Solved the problem. Until one day when I was asleep in my bed, with my little granddaughter (5 years old) beside me. at some point she woke up and reached across the pillow. She didn't scream or get worked up. Just said, "grama, there's a dead mouse in the bed." I guess it was a cat gift.

But really, the only thing that did work was the cats. Kept em out permanently. Now I have no cats....hmmm. just thought of that.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Poztate: thx re: trigger against the wall, I didn't know that

Hortensia: I make sure there is nothing accesible for them to eat, I am a bit obsessive when it comes to vacuuming so there aren't even crumbs laying around and no garbage. I don't know why they bother to come back when there is no food. No pets either, so no pet food laying around.

Heaven: I like the idea of live trapping. Will look into that. I have a feeling my mice are a cross breed with either someone's discarded pet mice or even hampsters. They are cute and have long hair. It is disturbing to see them in the trap lifeless. They look more like pets than vermin.

Lost1: ahh chocolate. I guess I could share with them. Especially if I live trap them.

Cobalt Cupcake: LOL, aww that is so cute

Satanus: highly intelligent it seems and yes they are great survivors.

James Woods: Kitties have not been taught that it is impolite to play with their food! LOL

MC RubberMallet: That must be it. I will just have to go downstairs and put my foot down and give them a firm but kind talking to. I'm sure they will feign compliance and then laugh behind my back and carry on as usual. hahaha

jgnat: OMG, definitely a quease alert. It is a great idea but one I could not do. The thought of the poor thing swimming for who knows how long before getting too tired and then drowning...I would bawl my eyes out.

Mamochan13: Oh yes, the "gift". How lovely, I guess your cat was delivering breakfast in bed. LOL Years ago I had a cat that would deposit it's treasures at the door step. Nice gesture kitty, but you can keep it.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Late one night, long ago, I was reading in bed, about to go to sleep. Suddenly my cat leapt onto my chest with an evil grin on her face and a giant LIVE roach in her mouth. I screamed and threw her and the roach across the room without a second's thought. She never did that again.

They have these 2-inch roaches in the desert, they call them date beetles, but they're just giant roaches. They live outside but get in the house now and then.

I know what you mean about cleaning obsessively and still having critters in the house. Could be they just live there and visit the neighbors for food, eh? Or eat your wallpaper and books and stuff like that. I think mouse eat a lot of stuff we wouldn't think of as food. Rats are even worse that way.

Ah, memory lane . . . Lots of fruit trees down in the desert where I lived, and lots of fruit rats. My husband was a good shot - he never missed one. They would eat the fruit and then try to find ways into the house through the eaves. Yuck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit