they just refuse to get trapped! (mice)

by nuthouse escapee 19 Replies latest jw friends

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

It's now "game on" between me and the mice. My Landlady put 15 traps down throughout their apartment on the first floor. In 2 weeks I caught the 5 not so bright mice. Not so bright because they got caught without any bait in the traps. Not even worth dying for.

The rest are playing head games with me. I checked the other 10 traps and the little buggers had made a point of crapping beside all 10 traps without getting caught. So, I baited the traps with a bit of bread and peanut butter (heard they prefer it over cheese). Oh they liked it alrighty! Checked the traps the next morning and all traces of bread & PB were gone but NO TRAPPED MICE!

I am reluctant to use the poison because we tried that before and a mouse died behind the wall and it took a very long time to get the horrible smell out. A friend has suggested that I tie the bread to the trap with thread. Perhaps I could get a drone cat with night vision capabilities and a laser to zap them with! Leslie

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

LOL

try cheese but, melt the cheese with a match, burning it, this should work, good luck

• cofty
    cofty

Just spread some peanut butter on the trigger.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

This works too

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

This is TOTALLY gross; but it is easy to drown mice. You just need a smooth-sided container (like a bucket) with a couple of inches of water in it; and maybe a lid floating on the surface with some food scraps in it.

Or you can have five cats, like I have-

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Finally some Pride: I will try that on half the traps (the melted cheese thing) I would LOVE to have a cat but my landlady is very allergic to both cats and dogs

Cofty: yes, I will try that (on the other half)

Transhuman68: That is something I don't think I could do. It's hard enough disposing of the trapped ones. I have seen drowned ones outside before and it disturbs me. I really hate having to kill anything.

Unfortunately I think someone released pet mice out here in the country and that these have bred with other mice because they aren't the run of the mill ugly mice.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    A friend has suggested that I tie the bread to the trap with thread.

He can be right. I have had bait eaten but the trap not sprung also.

The extra tug with thread will do it..

Remember to put the trap on the wall with the trigger facing against the wall for best results

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

And make sure there's nothing for them to eat. All your foods in the frig or in jars with tight lids or good canisters with tight-fitting lids. No dog or cat food sitting out. That sort of thing. It helps discourage them. Borrowing a cat for a few days might be a good thing to do, you can vacuum out the place later on so your landlady doesn't suffer too much from the cat.

Cats or Jack Russell terriers. Good little mousers and ratters.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I use bird seed, it's less messy. And these kinda traps placing the bird seed right at the back of the trap and the trap on the floor right along the baseboard.... we used to release them over by the Gospel Church about 5km from the house . Our slogans ... "Creating Church Mice" and "Giving Them A Chance to Find God".

Humane Mouse Trap

• Satanus
    Satanus

Heaven

Sure, god needs some mice up there.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit