SO EXCITED!!! Going to a HUGE X-mas stuff show

by nuthouse escapee 14 Replies latest jw friends

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

My never JW friends arranged a surprise for me this weekend. Knowing that I used to be a JW and how much I LOVE all things X-MAS they are taking me to what has been called "the biggest X-mas show in Canada!" It is less than an hour from home, and is in Toronto, Ontario. It is a girl's day out with 3 very close friends. I have pretty much finished decorating but can always find more space for something (or 2, 3...) extra special. (So glad hubby gets paid tomorrow, lol, he told me go, have fun, and buy something)

Being able to openly celebrate holidays is absolutely great! (just hope I don't pee my pants with all the excitement) Leslie

• tec
    tec

That sounds great Leslie!

Kind of like a kid in a candy shop, and you can eat all you want ;)

Have lots of fun, enjoy all the excitement you can handle.

Peace to you,

tammy

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Thanks Tammy. I can hardly wait, less than 2 days away. Leslie

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Enjoy all the goodies on display and sample some delish treats if they have.

• poppers
    poppers

(just hope I don't pee my pants with all the excitement)

Strap on a pair of Depends and pee away!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hey nuthouse... hope you have a great time!

I'm hittin' the One of a Kind Christmas Show and Sale at the Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place next Friday. Haven't been in a while... lookin' forward to it.

• Heaven
    Heaven

So nuthouse... how was it? I'm goin' to OOAKCSAS tomorrow.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

WAHHH, never made it there, damn! Was working outside in one of the fields the day before, trying to catch up on necessary chores before winter, and dislocated my right ankle again! (Screwed it up at Easter the first time) Popped the sucker back into place again but now I can barely stand on it. Took 3 months to feel semi-normal last time. Oh well, there's always next year (unless of course the Mayans were right, then it won't matter anyway, lol). <<<just kidding about the Mayans. - Leslie -

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I've spent thousands on my Xmas tree. It was supposed to be for my family. Friends of friends visit. The ornaments are eclectic, at all price ranges. After livingin Manhattan for so long, I realize it is a riot and an amyrallis carefully lit might be more elegant. My tree is my F....you Jehovah statement. It is difficult to set up but I always do. I am emotionally attached to my ornaments. Friends give me beautiful ones. It seems that after Thanksgiving, it would be wrong not to let them come to life for a few weeks.

I heartily recommend the Xmas sites in NY. Most of them are free.

My reaction is not normal. I more than make up for what I was denied as a child.

Each ornament, lovingly hung, is a statement that I am free. I feel I am a member of my community, too.

I love attending organ concerts. The Messiah and other performances bring tears. The onlly bummer is the Radio City Rockettes Christmas show. It is vulgar and the prices would let you see a true Broadway show or Metropolitan Opera performance.

• tec
    tec

Oh, Leslie, that sucks. Sorry you didn't make it, and sorry about your ankle. Maybe there is an on-line christmas bonanza kind of thing you could shop through? Then you could have cookies baking, and Christmas music on while you 'shop'.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit