Venting some rage and pain.

by jemba 26 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry about your situation, your parents don't sound likely to ever be the parents/grandparents you wish them to be. They never were. A suggestion for you, there are countless lonely elderly people who would love to adopt you and your kids! they would love to have someone to spoil and tell stories to. Perhaps you could find an elderly couple in your neighborhood? a nursing home? You would be helping them tremendously and your kids would benenfit from having another generation in their life.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

I'm so sorry for all you have been through and the pain you are obviously in right now, Jemba. Vent away, it can be cathartic, and you have every right to feel the way you do! Sounds like you have created a wonderful family now, and I hope you are rejoicing in all the great decisions you have made.

I think we can learn from others mistakes in the way they treat us, and allow it to make ourselves better people for it. I know I have done this myself after being treated poorly by a family member for years. I hope you have extended family to help enrich your families lives, and you theirs. Our family isn't limited to the one we are born into. Wishing you much love and happiness in your future. Happy Holidays!

• I quit!
    I quit!

Unfortunately we can't force them to wake up and see the destruction this evil cult causing to them and their families. Or see how they are waisting they lives in it. All we can do is go on with our own lives and vent about it every so often when it reaches the boiling point. At least most of us here can understand exactly what you are saying and why you are so angry about it so vent away.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Your experience is truly tragic. Sadly, it is not unusual.

This religion destroys families, hopes and dreams. It should be criminal; I cannot believe that it isn't!

I agree with Cofty: you're a survivor!

00DAD

• scotoma
    scotoma

I don't blame the religion. You have to be a natural born asshole to do what they tell you.

There are natural born ass-holes. They have an authoritarian mindset. You can't change them.

There are also people who were raised by natural ass-holes. They might be be a little ass-holy because of their upbringing. They usually figure things out and become open-minded, tolerant, curious and fun in the second half of their life.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Your father is a sad, little man. He has riches right in front of him in the form of grandchildren and a daughter but he doesn't appreciate it.

You have every right to feel angry and vent.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Sorry to hear of this :( Another heartbreaking example of the conditional love JWs have, even for their own families.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Such a sad tale, jemba.

You can hold your head high, but how sad for your grandchildren to be ignored by their own grandfather.

I feel for you very much.

• flipper
    flipper

JEMBA- I hear you my friend. I'm so sorry you are experiencing the vindictiveness of fanatic JW relatives. I have an 87 yr.old elder dad who has served as an elder since 1953 and I can honestly say he never has ONE time told me that he loves me- EVER. It was more important to him in all the years I was in the JW cult that I reach out for elder position like my older brother than to actually BE a good, decent person. So I know what it's like to have accomplished OTHER good things in my life- yet be looked at as a screwup by my dad even though I know I'm a happy, successful person. The bottom line is to remember these people are sick mentally, I mean that. They are suffering rom a psycholgical illness called " dissociative disorder " in which the WT society controls and manipulates their minds so severely it affects and INFECTS all normal human emotions wherein they become automated robots- preprogrammed to lose all feelings, empathy, and true emotions that other humans have. It's been baked and indoctrinated OUT of them.

I know it doesn't make it any easier to accept, but please know and realize we are here for you, O.K. ? Please accept a hug from my wife and me . Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jemba
    jemba

Wow, what beautiful supportive messages of love. Thankyou from the bottom of my heart!

Today I have woken up in a much better frame of mind. Its so true that I am the winner in this, with my lovely children and loving partner, what do my parents have but conditional friends and servitued to a cult.

Sometimes you get so damn frustrated because you want to shout from the rooftops all the injustices of this religion and the behaviour of those in it but it would fall on deaf ears. Ive thought about approaching this Father of mine and telling him all but that would just force him to do what he obviously doesnt want to do - give us his time and attention. I only want it if its genuine.

A lot of my childhood was filled with a fierce jealousy of people in the cong because they saw the loving side of my Dad, but I think as some have said - My kids and I see the true man, he is a fake.

Yes its not wholly the org that I have to blame, its my fathers attitude, however the org is keeping him in that state of dissassociative disorder and I hate them for ruining so many lives.

Thankyou Flipper, 'sick mentally' is so true, I will remember that, it will help me stop being such a JW hater. I recognise that I was also a JW and extremely mentally ill, with depression, anxiety and panic attacks.

I love this forum and really appreciate what wonderful therapy it has been so far with all you fantastic, kind posters.

Jemba xxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit