Scriptural Attendance

by NeverKnew 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Wow, MC I never knew that they applied it that way, just looked it up. Of course they also use it for meetings, assemblies, and a couple of home bible study references.

For those that don't have references, this is the second most recent article in WT Library discussing that scripture:

*** w06 11/1 p. 28 par. 5 Showing Respect for Our Sacred Gatherings ***

We share in that blessing if we are present and attentively follow the spiritual program. Moreover, Jesus stated: “Where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.” In context, this statement applies to Christian elders who are meeting to handle serious problems between individuals, but in principle, it also applies to our meetings. (Matthew 18:20) If Christ, by means of holy spirit, is present when Christians meet together in his name, should not such gatherings be considered sacred?

So it primarily dicusses judicial cases, but only principally to meetings. Lol. Looking further back in articles, it's easy to see how they spell it out even more detailed and ridiculously.... The point is, this is what the friends have to accept as truth. This makes NO SENSE, yet they have to believe and follow this, otherwise they will be called apostate or judged as harboring independant thinking. NeverKnew - If he can see the erroneous understanding of what the WTS says Jesus meant, you may be onto something good with him. If he accepts it enough to parrot the societies understanding though it goes against logic, and CONTEXT actually, well, prognosis is not positive.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

No reply. There have been text messages since so I sent a follow up text telling him he never got back to me with his thoughts on the scriptures.

Still waiting...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WTH!!?? Where does the bible say that scripture is about Elders meeting? Let me guess, the cross reference is to revelation where the Elders are the stars in Jesus' hand... Neverknew, just keep asking sincere questions. That is part of what woke me up. I had a very strange out of the blue text. I thought I would witness to the mystery person on the other end. This lead to weeks of questions and " studying' the publications on my part. In the end the texter said " Your future is not secure with the Watchtower " That really stuck with me and accelerated my waking up. Don't give up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit