Scriptural Attendance

by NeverKnew 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• clarity
    clarity

NeverKnew .........it is an oppressive cult!

>

You might look at Deut31:12 ...where we were commanded to congregate ...

men, women and little children (summer assemblies) to listen and learn()..

>

Now look up to verse 10 .... the command to do this "at the end of every 7 years"

Every seven years, ...funny they never made that clear did they!!!!!!!!!!! lol

clarity

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

When I went to Pioneer School the CO told us, "An unbalanced life for the sake of the truth is actually a balanced life."

• nochoice
    nochoice

When I went to Pioneer School the CO told us, "An unbalanced life for the sake of the truth is actually a balanced life."

Good one cobaltcupcake! I agree with the OP NeverKnew and other posters that there is no real scriptural basis. But stuff like what this CO said seems to be the norm now.

When it comes to RECREATION we have to be balanced! When it comes to WORK we have to be balanced!

But when it comes to FEILD SERVICE, MEETINGS or PERSONAL STUDY, NO LIMITS!

And if you happen to be a brother with responsibilities in the hall, although there is the occassional WT paragraph about being balanced, there really are no limits there either!

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

FIVE EVERY WEEK?

Congregation bible study

Theocratic ministry school

Service meeting

Public talk

Watchtower study

Then the field service that he's mentioned to boot. He says he's hoping that he'll be able to unload one of his part time jobs so he can go out into field service more often. I guess that's to absolve him of the sin of dating me. :(

This consumption of time is killing his spirit.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

You guys completely called it.

He just sent me Hebrews 10:19-25.

Preparing to respond.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Don't argue.

Ask questions instead.

Something like "Jesus said where two or three are gathered in my name, I am with them. I saw two people reading the bible in Starbucks and discussing it. Is Jesus with them?"

Then SHUT UP. Your goal isn't to beat him back with FACTS. It is to make a tiny crack in his armor, so that he can THINK rather than use his JW-ROBOT responses.

Think of a few additional examples that are completely innocent like this.

Good luck

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I will do exactly that and I'll keep you posted.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Something like "Jesus said where two or three are gathered in my name, I am with them. I saw two people reading the bible in Starbucks and discussing it. Is Jesus with them?"

Then SHUT UP. Your goal isn't to beat him back with FACTS. It is to make a tiny crack in his armor, so that he can THINK rather than use his JW-ROBOT responses.

Think of a few additional examples that are completely innocent like this.

I tried that. If he's a "good witness", he will look that up in WT Library. They will point him to articles that claims Jesus was speaking about Judicial committees. I am serious too.

Before asking questions, look up the answer FIRST, know how he will respond, so you can get in his mind and let it marinade.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

awwww.... man! There seems to be a long pause between my questions and his answers.

His answers seem to invariably correlate with what gets suggested on this forum.

That question wasn't hard.

If he's reading something about Judicial Committees, he's certainly trying to figure out how to explain this to me! Oh, this answer should be good...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Wow, MC I never knew that they applied it that way, just looked it up. Of course they also use it for meetings, assemblies, and a couple of home bible study references.

Any reply yet Neverknew?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit