Favorite films - the same Director keeps popping up...

by Glander 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• Glander
    Glander

Peckinpah did some gripping movies. "The Wild Bunch"

Lawrence of Arabia was on TCM yesterday. I watch about an hour of it just for the desert scenes and music. Absolute perfection.

The Zhivago winter to spring transition scene from snow to Daffodils with music. wow

• xchange
    xchange

Hands down for me - Kubrick! Especially for A Clockwork Orange.

• talesin
    talesin

Glander, yeah, that scene, and Lean's window transitions ....

Holy smoke! I've been sick with the flu, but how could I not think of Kubrick!

• talesin
    talesin

Okay, you were looking for Hitchcock refs ... everyone knows Psycho, of course.

I loved The Man Who Knew Too Much, and that and Rear Window are two personal favorites (he used Stewart a LOT). Still, I feel his best was The Birds, just thinking in the moment ... must look at the Wiki list of his films. Did he direct North by Northwest? I find that flick a big snooze!

Oh, one of my favorites, the great actor, producer and director, Sydney Pollack (RIP).

tal

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I like Danny deVito, The War of the Roses, for instance. He has a way of making funny and very slightly subversive movies. He chickened out once, though, in the War of the Roses. In the book she does serve the dog's liver to her husband, or at least it's strongly implied. In the movie he lets you know the dog didn't die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit