talked to wife about new light!

by unstopableravens 48 Replies latest jw friends

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i showed my wife the new light, it did not go over good. i started with all the publications and asked her three questions 1 who is the fds 2when did they start 3 when did they get appointed over "all the belongings"? using the recent publications she said 1 the fds is 144000 2 they started in the 1st centry 3 they were over all belongings in 1919. then i showed her the annual meeting report on the jw.org and went over each point. i showed her that they lied ,well she says it does not matter and she got upset at me and she said the only thing thay is wrong is my reaction !

• baltar447
    baltar447

Can't argue doctrine with a cult member.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

than i called her on the phone and asked to understand why im frustrated she saiid she doesnt care and hung up!

• Iamallcool
  • unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

thats exactly the look on my face

• a watcher
    a watcher

You set her up and knocked her down just like a bowling pin :-(

How did you expect her to react?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You can expect her to assume you're having an affair with another woman.

Please read Steve Hassan's books. Never discuss doctrine.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

JWs are sore losers. They absolutely hate to lose an argument when it involves Bible doctrine!

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i understand but we have been discussing the fds for years and i have showed her well before the new light that the old light was wrong. im just getting sick of the unreasonableness. i mean im about to be shunned and she going to look like the victim i just want her to see that she deserves to not be lied to

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You made the mistake of making her conclusions for her. You might have got a different reaction if you had shut up after showing her the report.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit