Do we have the right to criticize Jehovah's anointed ones?

by Christ Alone 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sizemik
    sizemik

What about Greenlees, Chitty and me ol' mate Percy . . .

Do you think they should be criticised for shaggin' the Bethel boys?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    If they do not have Jehovah's holy spirit, then they will not teach spirit directed truth.

Hmmm... and I thought it would be some entirely subjective unmeasurable arbitrary thing... oh wait, it is.

• prologos
    prologos

christ alone: remember all christians are anointed (thats what the name/title means) you must be referring to one up higher in the hierarchy. Two scriptural incidence shed light on this. Gal. 2:11: here paul severely and PUBLICLY repremands a member of the "governing body" Peter, the eywitness to our Lords life. Even as we know now that peter was not part of the Faithful and Discreet Slave (note). it shows we MUST publicly correct, expose wrong , of those at the apex of power to minimize the damage they can cause. However it has to be done with respect. Acts23:4-5 shows Pauls' recommended attitude to those in Power. Note that at that time the Jewish, priestly system of worshipping Jehovah was already invalid by the new covenant validated at the last supper, the high priest not mediating with God. Conlusion: even when a system is condemed, it deserves respect, Jesus di not even verbally abuse the demons. It is also not a sin to contribute to an organisation that because of its failing is doomed. Think of the devoted widow giving to the temple, that at the same time jesus referred to "---the house has been abandoned (by God) to you--", "not a stone will be left--". So it is no contrdiction to support an endeavor that need help by constructive criticism because of inherent flaws.

The answer is: yes we do, but with respect and support. beabeorean,cm blessings

• prologos
    prologos

sorry, I am forgetful: for christ alone: I hope the lady in your picture is your daughter and/or not under age.

alts heimer for sizemik: G&S? news to me, but at least PC married the mate (maid)! doing the right thing, works of repentence that's what we are waiting for. blessings!

• sizemik
    sizemik
    It is also not a sin to contribute to an organisation that because of its failing is doomed. Think of the devoted widow giving to the temple, that at the same time jesus referred to "---the house has been abandoned (by God) to you--", "not a stone will be left--". . . prologos

Now that's the sort of apologist reasoning we're more used to . . . nice one.

Shame you added that last sentence . . . it undid all that good work.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

IF the Watchtower Society today is guided by holy spirit and is truly God's organization on earth as it claims, then the governing body of that organization, even though composed of imperfect men from western countries only (so far) and based in far off New York, USA, has the right and the duty to make final decisions for all Christians worldwide.

The problem with this is that with the new light, published online for all to see at the official site, IF the GB is really the FDS, as they claim, then they do NOT have the right or duty to make final decisions for all Christians worldwide. Why not? According to new light, Jesus has NOT arrived and they have NOT been appointed over all his belongings yet. That's new light for you. What right do they have, then? Luke 12:41 says: "to keep giving them their measure of food supplies at the proper time". By scripture, then, they only have the right to give out food supplies. They don't even have the right to prepare the food, such as they do at meetings and assemblies. They only have the right to give out their measure of food supplies, very much like what Joseph did in Egypt when he was appointed over the grain for the years of famine.

The GB is taking what does not belong to them at this time.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Back to Chitty and Greenleas, whats up with nasty doods?

• prologos
    prologos

Sizemik: what is the purpose of criticizing "Gods anointed", do we not like to see a better outcome for us? some of the language used is too negative, even is counter to rule 3 of posting guidelines. I meant repect and support only to the extend that the widow and Paul showed to the moribund religious order of their day. Consider them the (religious) superior authorities that Jehvah obviously allows. every tearing down must be also followed by a better building up. I think many here are wrestling with the really big issues. and some serious thinking is shown among the myrth. beabeoren.com

truthseeker: we have moved on and out of bridgeland with G,C,C etal. my family has stories to tell too. but will that alone bring anyone closer to God, to understanding, a fuller life? blessings!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear Christ Alone, you are doing a very good job of reasoning as a JW apologist would have to do, if still in the movement, the problem is that you are displaying the ability to think, and reason, and in searching for your argument you must be aware of the big holes in it, which adds to the worrisome affliction called Cognitive Dissonance.

I think your apologist will leave soon.

( I take it this is a JW Apologist view you have made up, and you don't actually believe it ?)

• sizemik
    sizemik

Back to Chitty and Greenleas, whats up with nasty doods? . . . insearchoftruth4

Check Freeminds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit