does anyone feel messed up sexually because of being brought up as jw? like you have missed out, etc?

by johnjones3210 41 Replies latest social relationships

• johnjones3210
    johnjones3210

Thanks very much for your comments. Some of you seem to feel exactly the same as me.. So it isn't just me. That's good. I'm having a bit of a hard time integrating now. Lol. I'm getting there though. It's looking better!

Cheers everyone!

• LittleMac
    LittleMac

You're not alone. Had to check in because this rang true with me. Born-in, married at 26. Had blinders on to doing anything 'untowards' with any girl growing up, definitely have struggled with the repression into my own relationship. However, we both left the WT two years ago on the same page in life, we got closer than ever, feeling free to openly discuss sex for starters.. but now dealing with some evolving issues.

I think you can spend too much time researching and analyzing yourself. There is a lot of information out there to check out, thankfully. Youtube, Kindle book searches, read samples for free, Psychology today online magazine are some I've been spending a lot of time looking at lately. A lot more information than time. It's good to balance-out with doing things that are productive even if it's washing the car, cleaning the house, or going out with friends. Really those things are wonderfully helpful to balance out your life.

I wish you the best and congrats for coming out of the WT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit