does anyone feel messed up sexually because of being brought up as jw? like you have missed out, etc?

by johnjones3210 41 Replies latest social relationships

• johnjones3210
    johnjones3210

hi all, thanks for the brilliant replies, i feel better knowing that im not alone.

im going to read through them in more depth when i have time and reply properly.

one of you asked why im on this site. im on here because i was brought up as a jw and need help with my head now thanks to them. maybe i can talk things through with people in a similar situation. i feel so confused about sex and women.

lol. i left 14 months ago and im still not right. i feel better now ive left but i feel so confused and mislead. i feel like ive missed out on a lot too.

im now quite bitter but im not disgelliwshipped but had lots of arguments. lol.

im a nice guy but just feel a bit messed up.

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Messed up? Welcome to the club, johnjohns....lol (and welcome to the forum too)

It's been good to hear the experiences on this thread. We all know that we're not alone.

Sex is vital to a healthy and happy life. We've been robbed of so much that is natural and good.

You're still young - thankfully you'll have time to heal and sort it all out and learn from new experiences.

• vivalavida
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

Yeah they screw things up. But many people just find one person, so dont think you are missing out by having one person. Alternatively have a bit of fun. Life is short and sex is a normal natural thing.

• Nambo
    Nambo

Well the following little lad has certainly been messed up sexually by his JW dad,

OTTAWA — The Supreme Court has ruled that a British Columbia man who tried to circumcise his 4-year-old son on the kitchen floor of his house is guilty of criminal negligence causing bodily harm, aggravated assault and assault with a weapon.

The top court was asked to hear whether his attempt was allowed under freedom of religion provisions.

The botched surgery happened in April 2007. He used a carpet blade that he purchased at Home Depot earlier that day and sterilized. He didn't give his son any anesthetic, just four ounces of homemade honey wine.

According to the Crown, the father lacked the medical skills to perform a circumcision. He tried to circumcise himself in 2005 using a Zhenxi ring, or circumcision ring. It wasn't successful and the father had to be rushed to a hospital.

The circumcision he performed on his son two years later wasn't successful either and there was significant bleeding, which the father stopped with the help of a veterinary blood-stopping agent and paper towels. "The result," according to court documents submitted by the Crown, was "the foreskin on D.J.'s penis stuck out like two arms. D.J. was not circumcised. He was disfigured."

The pair cannot be named.

In 2009 the man was charged with criminal negligence causing bodily harm, aggravated assault and assault with a weapon. He was convicted of criminal negligence causing bodily harm but acquitted of the other two charges. The B.C. Court of Appeal found him guilty on all counts, and he appealed to the Supreme Court.

The father, as a Jehovah's Witness, said he believes circumcision is necessary to "make things right with God."

The Jehovah's Witness church does not condone or forbid circumcision.

The man also argues he didn't intend to hurt his son and took many safety precautions including consulting doctors (who advised him against it) and reading about circumcision online.

• Qoo_Kumba
    Qoo_Kumba

Totally get you man!

I feel as though I missed the boat; as in I didn't get enough!

I never had the lads holidays in Ibiza for drinking shagging and dancing.

Now I am 40 I feel like there is so much I missed out on and I am angry because of it.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Were you sexual abused like some members on JWN, humans who are fighting with their whole heart to regain something somebody stold from them? I personally know several members of the "UnHoly Congregation" who have joined JWN in the last year in a attempt to salvage their marriages, or relationships with their same sex spouse, but they are trying with all their might!

I had a conversation with a military recruiter (former Vet in Vietnam, Gulf War 1) who asked me, " why kids seem so fragile to their counterparts of the 1930s-1980s, what is keeping people from doing what they are able to do, with the situation they have?"

I don't understand how the Society can impact someone so young as you now, members on JWN have gone through Hell, have found who they are sexually at late ages of 50, or heading back to college in their 40s or mid 50s, screw those assholes at Bethel and live your life without regrets!

• andys
    andys

I am now 34 yrs old but when I was 28 yrs old was the first time and yes I can say for me the Watchtower Society has messed me up, at the time I felt guilty that I was doing something wrong but now all those feelings of guilt are gone and if I get lucky which happens sometimes I don't feel guilty no more about sexuality.

• andys
    andys

Also I want to say this to irondork or any gay person on here, even though I am straight, the watchtower society has it so wrong on so many levels of sexualtiy, be it if your are Lesbian, Bi, Gay, or Transgender, they make a person feel so guilty about if they are different or think differently on things, the reason I say that is because my most favorite bar to go to is a gay/straight nightclub in the town where i live, the reason I love going to that bar is because everyone in there is non judgemental, also I love to dance, its almost as if I am addicted to dancing, also since I go to mostly a gay/straight bar I have seen a whole different perspective of Lesbian, Bi, Gay, and Transgender, its a totally different perspective of what the Watchtower teaches and puts a spin to.

• perfect1
    perfect1

You can catch up. Get to it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit