Deprogramming kids when JWs came knocking

by RayPublisher 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• baltar447
    baltar447

Funny, JWs are showing up far less in our life than ever before. So maybe it does get better!

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Ray and Baltar, something is in the air, because my "Oasis of Passion" has a JW as the gatekeeper and I try to avoid him and his "when are you coming back, we need you!" Today i had four walk by my area, what is going on, do they sense us like Scientologist chased after former members? Comments please.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Imagine the shock on the JWs when they see you in their comfort-zone! "Arg, Apostate, plug my ears and run" well, not exactly with the young kids who showed up pushing the magazines they probably did not read. ..." ArbolesdeArabia

Oddly enough, that did NOT work at my door....

When we first moved into this suburb of a fairly good-sized American city, we had JWs at our door about once every year or two. Each time they showed up, the FIRST thing I let them know was that I DISASSOCIATED myself.... Hoping that I'd end up on their "Do NOT Call" list.

No such luck. They showed up, year after year.

So, I started hammering at their belief when they showed up. It still hasn't landed me on their "Do NOT Call" list, but it's made their visits MUCH more interesting - for me, that is...

In fact, I may have knocked a couple of JW teenagers out of the religion by now...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-vil She-Devil grin!!

• pbrow
    pbrow

Ray, I agree, show them how to do research and yes the mother will probably amp up her devoutness. I would suggest not only teaching them critical thinking skills but also fill their lives up all that life has to offer! B-days, holidays, sleepovers with "worldly kids", sports, band, orchestra, student council or anything else that schools or communities have to offer. That has worked wonders for my children. They have so much to fill up their lives that they look at the jdub world now and IT is the odd world, not the other way around. Their mother is getting more and more strict but after they are exposed to what a normal life looks like they will never choose the jw world.

Good luck!

pbrow

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Good advice pbrow- I am trying to do just that. I'll keep you all informed as time goes by!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit