Deprogramming kids when JWs came knocking

by RayPublisher 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

So I had my two daughters with me this weekend (their JW mom has them the next one) and it was Saturday morning around 10am and I said let's have a short "Daddy school" on how to do research on the internet. So they were plopped on each side of me and my laptop and I was inbetween and was showing them how you can type in "Jehovah's Witnesses" or "Watchtower society" and get lots of vids off YouTube on these things and that they can always do their own research if they have any questions on the things they hear at the KH when their mother takes them.

So we were watching one and right then there was a knock at the door and it was two teenage JW girls (from a neighboring cong) offering the magazines... very funny! My oldest got rid of them and they were giggling and laughing about how weird it was that they would show up right then.

The JWs are popping up everywhere in my life lately, ie, at the store, at the mall, at the gym, etc. and now at my door when I had my kids, but I didn't mind that one, it really illustrated how strange and how unwelcome they are when they show up!

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Imagine the shock on the JWs when they see you in their comfort-zone! "Arg, Apostate, plug my ears and run" well, not exactly with the young kids who showed up pushing the magazines they probably did not read.

If you shave your beard they might feel more at ease, I remember as a kid it was those scary bearded exJWs who brought back pictures of King Nebuc(whatever) during his time of eating grass outside his kingdom in Babylon. Apostates are creating a new imagine on Social Media, the Society is getting flustered from the message of their preceived enemy if we don't act like raving lunatics.

I thought of these scriptures while watching your videos you created: "these are not the sayings of a mad man", "this man has done nothing deserving of death", "You too have not been mislead by this man, none of the Scribes and the Pharisees have put faith in him, have they?" "no man has ever spoken like that man".

You showed by your video you have a gift and talent to be gentle, prove your accusers liars, (this could change the minds of those, including your ex-wife) who really are the lying murmering, back-biting ones, you are a victim of legalism. I hope you can seperate these personas for your two kids sakes, don't prove the in-laws and ex-wife's case and overload their brains at their fragile age. You have the rest of your life to teach them the Truth.

• l p
    l p

Hi,

i don't agree with the last poster. The children are being brain washed to think a certain way and stunt the development of critical thinking skills.

You are doing the right thing by showing them where they can go to get information. They will then search when they are ready and read as much as they need to at that time.

It will also be important for them to feel that they can talk to their father, bec as they grow they will be hearing that everyone that is not a JW or leaves will be killed. Their father will be able to address this and reassure them that it is rubbish and try to prevent any of the damage the religion and mother will inflict on the children.

Im 35 and what i have suffered is that my thinking skills are stunted. I am a very black and white thinker. I also have absolutely no imagination, and creativity. This I attribute to the religion in the engraining of certain ways of thinking and the deprivation of any fairy tales and imaginatory stories.

LP

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I can just see the next weekend at Mums...

"Daddy showed us how to look up Jehovah's witnesses on google and youtube mummy"....

Careful Ray careful...just sayin'

Oz

• l p
    l p

Aussie Oz, what should he be careful of?

I can't speak for overseas countries, but in Australia the Family Law system creates equality between both parents calling it 'shared parental responsibility'. In that both parties need to negotiate and agree upon medical, education and religious aspects of the child/rens upbringing. So if both parties dont agree well something will have to be decided in a court of law. My advice would be to go and seek some legal advice. Because here in Australia the Judges DO NOT LIKE it when a parent HATES the other parent and tries to TURN the children against the other parent. There was a case in Western Sydney in the last week where a mother lost custody of her daughter ( the child was sent to live with the father) due to the judge deciding that the mother had 'hatred' for the father and would not foster a close relationship between the father and child. So having said that an ex JW would only have to show the judge the WT literature talking about shunning anyone that leaves or is D'ed and that they deserve to die etc...and how honestly could a judge then make a decision to leave the child with the adversarial parent?

Just sayin

Lp

• Heaven
    Heaven

in Australia the Family Law system creates equality between both parents calling it 'shared parental responsibility'. In that both parties need to negotiate and agree upon medical, education and religious aspects of the child/rens upbringing. So if both parties dont agree well something will have to be decided in a court of law.

Just because the law says you have equality does not mean you actually do when belonging to a group such as the Jehovah's Witnesses. Women definitely do NOT have equality in this religion. Neither do apostates, unbelieving mates or family members, 'worldly' people, Catholics, homosexuals, or generally anyone who is not a male Jehovah's Witness. There is also a hierarchy in the male authority group. So for example, a Ministerial Servant is above a 'publisher' but definitely below an Elder.

Seeking legal advice and then taking it in this religion just gets you 'marked' and 'shepherded'. Most people would not do this because they are guilted and made afraid of Caesar's system.

An ex-JW or unbelieving family member has to walk a very fine line of balance.

• l p
    l p

Well, having just been through the family law system in Australia, the court ordered that my ex was not to get my son to call the other woman 'mum, mother, mummy' or any other term like that. and also ordered that he not speak disparagingly of me to my son.

So the court has powers to support the victimised parent when evidence is given to the court.

LP

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Aussie wasn't referring to anything to do with custody cases.

He was cautioning what the kids may say to their JW mother about what they did with him on the weekend, which may give her reason to indoctrinate their kids even more.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ ÁrbolesdeArabia - Well the beard is definitely not going! My girlfriend Mia would NOT allow that she likes it too much hehe.

But thank you for the compliments otherwise- it isn't hard to stand out when speaking to these people anymore as their philosophy and their doctrines are getting more and more ridicuous by the week.

@ l p - Exactly my point- they are beng shown both sides and then they can make the choice of what they want to believe. I have told them this from day one. I am not forcing them to believe my way, and I do not condemn them and never will for their choices.

@ Aussie Oz - She can't stand that I am teaching them TTATT, an acronym which the kids know BTW...but at court she was asked on the witness stand by my lawyer if she had a problem with their father teaching them his religious beliefs and taking them to his church? Her answer (after several seconds) was a calm, "No."

Talk about theocratic warfare lol!

@ Broken Promises - Well she has become ridiculously strict with them since the divorce, made them walk out of the last Pixar movie bc it had a witch in it, etc. She takes them door knocking every week, over to an elder family's house for family worship night each week, and on and on. She has been turning up the JW volume to a great degree for some time now and the kids are seeing how restrictive and flat out boring it is when they are drug to all these things.

The only ace she has is that there are lots of little ones their age and she organizes little JW kiddy parties for them quite often...that's really her strongest card IMO at this point.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Keep the beard you sexy beast, the hell with them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit