Dreaming of witnesses

by Honeybucket 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I don't think I have. When I stopped going I had some sleepless nights. For about 6 weeks I was plagued by incessant text messages and calls from people who apparently missed me so much, there was a Chariklo-shaped gap in the congregation, etc, but once I had written my letter it all stopped.

I heard a couple of months ago that an announcement w. as made that Chariklo Bloggs was no longer an unbaptised publisher. The woman who told me has been attending the KH for 20 years, without beicoming a publisher of any sort. When she told me, I cheered! She was very surprised!

Back to the topic. I remember having dreams about these calls and messages...I. Wrote the letter as much to stop all that as anything else. Don't think I've dreamt of Armageddon, because I never really believed all that...or maybe I partly believed. I was just brainwashed and hypnotised. Yuk.

• Vindico
    Vindico

The first couple of years I did, Kind of like the movie I am Legend completely alone in the world. But for about 10 years or so I had a dream about a witness friend that died when we were 18. The dream was me holding him as a baby in the great "zombie attack". once or twice a year for a long time.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I was in Bethel back in the late 70's and I still have these really really dreadful dreams that I've "signed on" for another stint there. The setting of the dream is that I did my time at Bethel then came home, got a good job, but then for some reason I find out I've mistakenly agreed to go back. In the dream I arrive back at Bethel and immediatey am filled with a sickening remorse about it. Aside from having no job to go to, I can't get out of this without absolutely shaming and embarrasing my family and wind up being on Jehovahs number one enemys list. Im obligated and trapped and there's no way around it. The odd thing is I didn't altogether hate my time at Bethel. Although I definetly wanted to do my year and leave, most of the time it was just fine. I'm puzzled as to why this dream keeps happening and why it is so disturbing to me. It's such a releif to wake up in the morning and realize that it's only a dream I'm free of all that heavy obligation and guilt. There is this other dream I have where I am in High School and I'm standing on a table in the cafeteria wearing a pair of Lederhosen and singing song number 48.....but that's another story altogether.

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

The best part of these dreams is when you wake up. Ive been trying to not read or watch anything JW or anti-jw. This helps my mind find peace at night. I am so very happy I am not alone in these nightmares. One of the things ive been trying to figure out is why a DF friend has been in my dreams so much. Her mom said that she had been trying to get reinstated but she keeps getting shot down. Her mom is afraid that she will give up after her 3rd try. Maybe I am hoping that my friend has came to her senses and has no intention of getting reinstated. I hope she is using her traveling job as a means getting away from the society. In the dream, I am usually with her. I fly down to visit her, or we go on a vacation together. She was someone that i really looked up to, even though we werent that close, she was the JW that I always wanted to be.

• Badfish
    Badfish

I have dreams sometimes about being in the old KH that I grew up in as a kid and standing up during the meeting and causing a disturbance.

I've also had a couple of dream about being at a convention and walking down the the stage, pushing the speaker out of the way, and taking over the microphone. It was kinda scary but also thrilling at the same time.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

rarely, but when i do i finding them very disturbing

• sd-7
    sd-7

I frequently have dreams of being back at meetings again. The last one was quite recently and I was Watchtower Reader. Another one I had was with me having to give a talk I hadn't really prepared for. Sometimes they are so real I can almost still feel the sadness as I reached yet again for my Kingdom Ministry or Theocratic Ministry School Schedule.

It's horrible, but it's only a dream. Dreams are nothing to fear, just projections of our fears without the restraints our conscious minds exercise. One can hardly expect to fully erase the Borg programming, I suppose. It's like Picard still being able to hear the Collective. I wish we could control it and not dream about them ever, but...we can't.

At least, if you're out of the cult, the nightmare is over.

--sd-7

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I do have dreams of being in the faith and trying to tell people that it's all a lie. Dreams of going to the kingdom hall and assemblies and not enjoying myself and wondering why I'm there. Dreams where I've poped up on field service and have asked myself why am I doing this.

I always wake up and smile knowing it was just a dream and I'm free. That is the best feeling and sets a good tone for the day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit