Dreaming of witnesses

by Honeybucket 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

Does anyone have dreams or nightmares about Jehovah's witnesses, the society, or your trapped loved ones? I do all the time and they wont stop. I wake up with cold sweats and an upset stomach. Sometimes I dream I am witness and I cant leave because those I love are still in. Sometimes I dream I am leaving but then people start following me and then the society is after, and they know EVERYTHING ABOUT Me.

Do you guys ever have strange dreams?

• perfect1
    perfect1

Yes Honey bucket.

I have apocalyptic nightmares where I watch the world being destroyed.

• Dune
    Dune

6 years later, I occasionally have dreams about being a JW.

They always take place during a meeting or an assembly and i'm handling the microphones or doing a watchtower reading.

And its like nothing has happened and i'm right back where i left off and i'm sitting there going through the motions and I always reach a point where i'm asking myself What possessed me to come back to the meetings? and why are the elders letting me do microphones and watchtower readings when I haven't been in a meeting in years?

I wouldn't call them nightmares, but they are very disturbing considering barring the death of immediate family members who are still in the borg, I have no desire to step back into a KH.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I do have the occasional dream in which I'm doing something jw-oriented like giving a talk, etc. Honestly, they are troublesome. I always feel a sense of vexation during the dream. Something always goes wrong; for instance, the speaker before me runs very far overtime or I don't get to deliver the talk. Something always gets screwed up.

One dream that I had was actually kind of telling. I was sitting on a sofa at a social gathering of some kind. On my left was a non-Witness that I now consider one of my best friends. On my right was a JW elder who I served with on the body of elders. While the elder said bad things about me, the non-Witness had me rest my head on her shoulder and said comforting things to me. I'm not really into the notion that dreams mean anything, but that one kind of symbolized my departure from the religion and quest to find new friends who accept me for who I am.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I've been out for 8-1/2 years and I dream about being at meetings or assemblies probably 5 nights out of 7. I'm always hating every second of it and wanting to leave but I have family there and have to put on a front for them.

• undercover
    undercover

I dream about JW related stuff about once a year. Usually it's a straight up realistic type dream...like I'm back at the hall or in service. And there is an underlying dread through the whold thing. Then I wake up and feel relieved.

But the last one I had, a couple of months ago was real intense. And it wasn't realistic, it was surreal. And the JW connection was sublime, not on the surface. It was so vivid that I wrote it down the next day, so I could remember it. Here it is, as I wrote it then:

It morphs several sci-fi TV shows/movies along with some totalitarian themes from 1984 and the WTS.

It would make a great movie, 'cept it's been done... Anyway, I was a "guest" in a fancy hotel. More than a hotel, more like a resort city. It was a cross between the city in Logan's Run and the Village in the original British TV series. I don't know how I got there. I kinda just showed up there, sorta like #6 in The Prisoner. The place was idyllic and modern, with all that anyone could want. My first night, we had a huge party. Strippers, hookers, drugs, booze. No consequences, no repercussions. And it was all with the permission of our 'host'. Our 'host'. At this point I had not met him but would have lunch with him the next day. At that lunch I learned that he was called "The Authority", (obviously a direct rip-off from True Blood). Anyway, he seemed like an okay guy, but there was something underlying that I couldn't put my finger on at the moment. And come to think about, it was at this time (in the dream) that I started to question the whole community and why we were there. As the dream progresses, I make friends with a small group of people. Our common bond is that we don't trust what is going on around us. We start to push the boundaries, literally. At the ends of the resort hotel/city, there is emptiness. Sorta. It's like it's unfinished, like they're gonna add on to the resort but haven't started. We attempt several times to go beyond the end of the finished space only to have a voice from The Authority warning us to not proceed any further. It's not a voice that is amplified over speakers. We each hear it inside our head, in unison. This keeps us from attempting escape. Eventually we decide to push it one day. We go to the 'end' and hear The Authority warn us to turn back. We want to go further, but there is some fear. We look around, see no dangers, no hidden slots with gun barrels, or laser guns hidden in cameras, etc. Finally one of our group says he'll go ahead, leaving me, another guy and a girl, (no one in the dream is based on a real person, other than me). He starts walking... The Authority says (in our head), "If you do not turn back, you will face Hovah". (gee, wonder where that came from) Anyway, our comrade continues to push forward. Suddenly a fog or mist comes out of nowhere. But it's not like a normal fog bank. This one moves with purpose, like the sparkly being thingy in an old Star Trek episode. The fog bank, we realize, is Hovah. It acts like Rover in The Prisoner (a big weather balloon looking thing that attacked and smothered people who tried to escape The Village). Hovah catches up to our companion and envelopes him and we hear a scream and he is no more. Hovah turns - as much as a sentient fog bank can turn - towards us and starts moving our way. We turn and run back toward the center of the hotel/resort/village, but Hovah is tracking us down. And then, I wake up...
  • Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Yes I do occasionally, I'm usually in a convention, and yes they are troubling dreams. That experience is difficult to delete.

Loz x

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Last night I dreamed I was eating a giant marshmallow, and when I woke up, the bloody pillow had gone !

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I sometimes dream im back living with my parents and still married to my ex, even though my mind is free my actions are totally restricted. horrible dream.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Wow undercover!

Here is a repost of one my dreams from an older thread:

From time to time I have an apocalyptic nightmare, which I attribute to the WT doctrines being planted in my head from birth.

Recently, I dreamed I was standing in a skyscraper in NYC when a flying metal sphere came into my hands. From the window I could see the city was exploding- (looking south towards lower Manhattan) The metal sphere was a homing device for the missiles as well as camera which was observing- anyway I grabbed it and decided that as it was directing the attack, the attack would end with me. so I held it up at the window where I could see the city being destroyed- flames, explosions, orange grey- and as I did the missiles headed my way. Everyone in the building was screaming and eventually I was being dragged away along a wall although I could no longer see at all, and I knew we would all die in a matter of moments.

Then I woke up.

That was a few days ago but I can't quite shake the sights or the absolute evil of the metal sphere device.

Anyone else have end of the world nightmares?

All the cult books says its a side effect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit