Do JWs Still Feel The Need To Understand Their Teachings Or Have They Pretty Much Abandoned That Idea?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Band on the Run - "I imagine a lot of the doctrines my present church puts forth are goofy."

Um... then why be a member? (not being snarky, honest)

• minimus
    minimus

People tend to accept the whole package even if there are certain things they don't like.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

How can anyone understand things that don't make sense?

• minimus
    minimus

They simply accept it.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Not at all. They just regurgitate what they hear and many times can't even get that right. They cannot effectively use even their bible to prove / explain their beliefs, they need to have all their publications along for the ride.

Remember that line .... "I'll have to do some research on that and get back to you Mr. Householder" and then you never went back because you knew you were in the dwang, or if you were one of the brave and did go back you took an elder or pioneer with you.

• minimus
    minimus

Mindless spiritual Stepford families

• Emery
    Emery

@james_woods, sorry let me clarify that, paradise earth for the great crowd, heaven for only the anointed.

• perfect1
    perfect1

LouBelle, whats a dwang

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

There was a stage where I thought that I wasn't 'spiritual'(TM) enough. So I 'studied'(TM) hard those things I thought would make me stronger in the 'truth'(TM) and I culd come back as super Brother.

It backfired!!

The more I studied the less things added up. This was a contributing factor to my exit!

As a JW I would never have thought anyone would challenge my beliefs 'on the doors'(TM) so I just mooched around with a scripture to share or a washtowel and asleep! My hook line was 'this publication will answer those questions!'

No accountability, just leave it to the dublications/literal trash!

When I took the group study(TM) everyone was glad to get the 607BCE time count out of the way and get on to more 'paradise earth with a panda'(TM) nonsense.

If there was a quiz show on the subject of Jehovah's witnesses(TM) I recon we MDA's (mentally diseased apostates(TM)) would easily score more points than the JWs who are clueless.

I mean how many dubs even know who the GB are? My ex wife has no idea. All she thinks is 'it's the truth and that's all that matters'.

When I've spoken 'apostasy'(TM) to my Mum her typical reaction is 'Awwww, that doesn't matter. It's the truth!'

I feel sorry for them I really honestly do!!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I think that the vast majority of witnesses really don't give a shit about their doctrines. There are still a few fanaticals in every congregation who are "armageddon mongers" and keep crying "the time of the end is close, look at the terrible weather we are having, earthquakes, etc. etc." But even these fanatics most likely wouldn't be able to explain the beliefs accurately.

I mean the whole F&DS slave crap, seriously!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit