Was God's biggest mistake making humans?

by usualusername 26 Replies latest jw friends

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

i retract my statment. we were created the way we were. no apologies. "the whole of the law shall be, do what thou will." CROWLEY.

we were created to do what we do. a troll is a troll. a coward is a coward. a leader is a leader. its only human.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Have you read Jehovah Unmasked? If it was true that Jehovah was an underling god that made all this, but without permission and quite imperfectly? It wouldn't be that human beings are a big mistake, but rather Jehovah would be the mistake. Jehovah Unmasked looks at the gnostic idea that the god of the old testament is Jehovah and a different god than the new testament god. Just very interesting to read, if you can get your hands on it. The author asserts that the gnostics didn't believe people to be the problem, but jealous Jehovah was the problem. And that Jesus didn't come to redeem sinful humankind, but to save humankind from Jehovah and the mess he created.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Nope..

What is man that You take thought of him, And the son of man that You care for him? Yet You have made him a little lower than God, And You crown him with glory and majesty! You make him to rule over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet, 1 Corinthians 15: 27 Mankind in a new creation in Christ will rule angels and all Gods creation. (NOT PEOPLE)

For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.
  • scotoma
    scotoma

He allegedly had super intelligent beings by the millions already.

So he made humans and other animals that pee and poop. He wanted lots of carbon dioxide so his footstool would be nice and green.

No. Apparently in the big picture "Look! It was all good" Evening and a Morning and the 3 billionth day.

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

If you think that we actually evolved and this made by god is just a way of explaining things that bronze age people said then perhaps it really wouldn't matter.

If on the other hand we had developed beyond biblical morality and the cruelty of Jehovah who over reacted when punishing his creation beyond reason then i guess now perhaps jehovah should be workin gout a way of appologising to the human race for over acting.

Most HUMAN contemporary fathers would not consider expelling their child for a minor misdamenor or over react in such a crazy manner. Jehovah as described in the bible is nothing more than a spoilt child who must get his way no matter what...What would society recon to Jehovahs if he was infact a person.

• undercover
    undercover

Yeah, the human race just might have been a boo-boo.

Not just any boo-boo, but a Honey Boo Boo...

• pridegoethb4
    pridegoethb4

Genesis 1:26

Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Romans 5:12

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned--

Humans were not a mistake. Free will was not a mistake either. God could not have created humans in his image without free will, because he had free will. God also had free will to create an angel, Lucifer, with any amount of power. He created him with enough power to dare to usurp him.

Isaiah 14:10-15

10All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?

11Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

So you see that the Lord Himself tells us why he created free will, mankind, and even Satan. He rules them all. He will have the final victory. And he will not be mocked. To God be the glory!

It is not a question of whether God made and mistakes in creating Man. The question is whether you are willing to put the Old Man, who brought you the law of Sin and Death, out of your life. To do so, you must be vigilant to walk in the New Man, the Life God gave you in Christ, who rose from the dead and conquered the law of sin and death. The life of walking in the New Man is a life of profound freedom. And the free will God gives us now is a choice between walking in the Old Man, miserable, dying, and going to Hell; or the choice of Walking in the New Man: set free, joyful, living, and going to Heaven.

• pridegoethb4
    pridegoethb4

Genesis 1:26

Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Romans 5:12

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned--

Humans were not a mistake. Free will was not a mistake either. God could not have created humans in his image without free will, because he had free will. God also had free will to create an angel, Lucifer, with any amount of power. He created him with enough power to dare to usurp him.

Isaiah 14:10-15

10All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?

11Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

So you see that the Lord Himself tells us why he created free will, mankind, and even Satan. He rules them all. He will have the final victory. And he will not be mocked. To God be the glory!

It is not a question of whether God made and mistakes in creating Man. The question is whether you are willing to put the Old Man, who brought you the law of Sin and Death, out of your life. To do so, you must be vigilant to walk in the New Man, the Life God gave you in Christ, who rose from the dead and conquered the law of sin and death. The life of walking in the New Man is a life of profound freedom. And the free will God gives us now is a choice between walking in the Old Man, miserable, dying, and going to Hell; or the choice of Walking in the New Man: set free, joyful, living, and going to Heaven.

• cofty
    cofty

And the free will God gives us now is a choice between walking in the Old Man, miserable, dying, and going to Hell; or the choice of Walking in the New Man: set free, joyful, living, and going to Heaven. - pride

So basically your god is like a Mafia don - grovel at his feet or die.

Actaully he is worse than a Mafia don. At least Carlo Gambino was finished with you when you died. Your god is a sick psycho who goes on torturing his victims for eternity.

How can you worship a moral monster?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Pride - What happens if you were born at a time before the bible was put together or you were born in a country where you will never even see a bible?

I think the god being love concept is seriously flawed. God obviously has no idea how to communicate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit