Was God's biggest mistake making humans?

by usualusername 26 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

Discuss...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well, if you attribute our existence to a god, and look at whether this design is intelligent, our instincts sometimes on being pleasant, the fact that we can be taken over by other 'creations' like microbes, I'd say there are a lot of mistakes in there.

But if we don't attribute it to a god, then there is a real chaotic kind of harmony---it all makes much more sense.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

LOL

Humanities biggest mistakes were making gods.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Damn . . . B Sheep beat me to it.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

What Black Sheep said.

• a watcher
    a watcher

God has never made a mistake. "For I shall declare the name of Jehovah. Do you attribute greatness to our God! The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice. Righteous and upright is he." Deuteronomy 32:3,4

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I was at Popeyes chicken tonite, yeah I'd say the human race was a mistake. I feel the same way after being an attendant at Circuit Assemblies and District Conventions too. Shopping malls too. Sarah Palin interviews. Yeah, the human race just might have been a boo-boo.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

a watcher:

God has never made a mistake. "For I shall declare the name of Jehovah. Do you attribute greatness to our God! The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice. Righteous and upright is he." Deuteronomy 32:3,4

"And Jehovah felt regrets that he had made men in the earth, and he felt hurt at his heart." (Genesis 6:6)

And that, we're supposed to believe, was just before he murdered just about everyone.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Nah, it wasn't a mistake at all. After hundreds of millions of years of getting off watching ferocious giant lizards terrorize and rip each other apart, with the delectable stench of rotting flesh stuck between their teeth, he decided that more conscious, warm-blooded innocent creatures should be terrorized instead. And of course the more caring, nurturing and sensitive the creatures are, the more they should be terrorized, suffer, and live in constant fear. Plus, they smell better when their carcasses are burning. Geez, even the bug world is a fucking cauldron of fear and violence. And what's a more appetizing aroma than some deranged fanatic's daughter roasting on the barbie just to please your sick sorry nostrils?

And when too many of them refuse to worship you because you're a sick puppy, you get to watch millions of them drown.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

free will is "god"s mistake. we have the ability of critical thinking, communication, and opposable thumbs. we were created to kill and hold grudges. we were either over created or created correctly but inherently violent. but this site occasionally brings out some of the better inherent qualities of a rational community. pat ur backs everone. smileys!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit