JW Argument: Jehovah is delaying Armageddon as he wants as many people as possible to be saved!!!

by iclone 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I've never heard that argument before , I was always of the assumption that the Dubs would look forward to seeing as many "Armageddon fodder" murdered as possible because of their rejection of the life saving message, and being goat like and not being worthy of receiving everlasting life.

• hoser
    hoser

iclone you have a pm

hoser

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I thought about this, and while WE see this as a bad deal, they do not as there ARE more Jws, forgetting about the loss of life as this is not important to them at all.

They think "It is better to have lived and died, than to never have lived at all"

NJY

• james_woods
    james_woods

If he does not want people destroyed, then why does he destroy them in the first place?

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

This is getting out of hand, the numbers dont lie- great work I can't wait for the Updated Version,

like Barney Fife said ''Andy we need to nip this in the bud"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

iclone:

I never bought this stupid argument because that would only mean that more people would be destroyed than would have been previously.

• iclone
    iclone
    Is Jehovah Delaying Armageddon Because He Cares For People?
    Daily Figures Monthly Figures Annual Figures Five Year Forecast
    New Births Everyday384,000*
    Daily Deaths156,000
    New People Born Everyday228,0006,840,00083,220,000416,100,000
    Number of Baptism's Within The Jehovah's Witness Religion 736 22,080 268,640 1,343,200
    ADDITIONAL number of Innocent People That Would Die At Armageddon 227,264 6,817,920 82,951,360 414,756,800
    SummationDo these figures reflect a loving God that would be willing to sacrifice this many souls to gain so few in return?
    It is inconsistent with his way. For example he sacrificed one life; his son so that millions could be saved.
    Now he is prepared to kill almost 83 million people (including men, women, children and babies)
    in one year just to save a meager 268 thousand? Really!?
    This would make God a MONSTER, not a loving God. Open your eyes and seek the truth!!
    * Source; United States Census Bureau
    " Only Jehovah's Witnesses , those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Watchtower 1989 Sep 1 p.19"There are billions of people who do not know Jehovah. Many of them in ignorance practice things that God's Word shows to be wicked. If they persist in this course, they will be among those who perish during the great tribulation ." Watchtower 1993 Oct 1 p.19
  • Fed-up
    Fed-up

Excellent thread.

It becomes obvious when you look at the numbers that delaying "the end" for saving souls sake is ridiculous.

It's when "the end" teaching/doctrine contradict one another that it gets interesting (and by "interesting" I mean "come on. give me a break. make up your minds, guys...")

This is from the w06 12/15, pg 27, par 11-

"How, though, should we understand Jesus’ assurance that Jehovah will cause justice to be done “speedily”? God’s Word shows that “even though [Jehovah] is long-suffering,” he will quickly execute justice when the time is ripe. (Luke 18:7, 8; 2 Peter 3:9, 10) In Noah’s time, when the Flood arrived, the wicked were destroyed without delay. Likewise, in Lot’s day, when fire rained from heaven, the wicked perished. Jesus said: “The same way it will be on that day when the Son of man is to be revealed.” (Luke 17:27-30) Again, the wicked will experience “sudden destruction.” (1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3) Indeed, we can be fully confident that Jehovah will not allow Satan’s world to exist for one day longer than justice requires.

The comparisons to Noah's day and Lot's time are interesting (see above for use of "interesting"). In these stories, destruction was not delayed for the sake of human life. You were judged guilty based on your geography when destruction came. Period. And of the people who were deemed worthy of salavation...Noah, got drunk, passed out naked and was seen by his son or something and cursed, not Ham, but Ham's son Caanan. And Lot and his daughters...(Gen. 19:30-38) On TWO DIFFERENT NIGHTS! Lot's daughters got him drunk and they had sex with him. The Insight book explains Lots actions this way...(that Lot fell for this twice is beyond me...)

"This account enlightens us on the origin of the nations of Moab and Ammon and their relationship to Israel. Lot was evidently drunk enough to lose control of his good sense but not dead drunk, that is, not too drunk to have sexual relations. Since God’s Word so strongly condemns drunkenness, we can be sure that these righteous men were not habitual in drinking to excess, were not drunkards. But the candor of the Bible is here illustrated, in its not sparing the truth when relating events involving Bible personages for our enlightenment."

Interesting, indeed.

So, lives are being saved by delaying "the end" (sic) AND Jehovah will not allow Satan's world to exist one day longer than divine justice requires (sic)...

Ugh. The double speak is awesome. It reminded me of this gem from wo4 12/1 life story of Anna Denz Turpin: "Father used to say that we should plan ahead as if Armageddon would not come in our lifetime but lead our life as if it would come tomorrow—precious advice that I have always tried to apply."

One of the biggest frustrations one can experience is trying to make sense of senseless.

• mP
    mP

That would explain why God only communicated with the Hebrews for most of mankinds history, and why he condemns the Amalekites, and many others to genocide simply bcause they are the wrong race.

• prologos
    prologos

of course its good to see new life come into the world, even if it ultimately has to end. but doing the math: 80 000 000: 250 000 =375. thats a better ratio then 1:1000, the jw to World pop ratio.so they are gaining. with the overlapping generation(s) going to 2078 and beyond somewhere in the future, there should be a break- even point. THE OTHER MATH: EVERY ONE OF THE 7 BILLION gets 10 minutes "reported witnessing time". deaf ears or steaming starbucks coffee? 2 peter 3:9 mainly adresses christians. judgement starts with the house of god. from the top down. beabeorean.com blessings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit