Apostates and the Holy Spirit

by iamwhoiam 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

I've heard Elders say more than once that if the congregation isn't productive, there is probably an apostate in the midst; since the holy spirit doesn't seem to be upon the congregation. Anyone ever hear similar claims before?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

yeah similar, old old cong allegedly had the holy spirit withdrawn from it,only because the elders were up to no good.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Seems so medieval. The crops falter and they look for a witch to burn.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Proof that I am not apostate, regardless of whether I agree with official teachings of the men in Brooklyn or not. The cong. I attend is doing very well on almost all fronts.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Ummm. That wouldn't probably fall under official teaching. Probably just a bad elders excuse.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

i wonder if one of those elders saying that was also molesting children in the flock...

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

ha ha. in our cong it was because the brothers were drinking during construction of the hall, early 80s i think. "jehovers spirit was not upon the building."

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Don't you remember that bad pat h when it was awful in the cong? Jehovah's spirit must have left and then it came out that brother so and so was cheating on his wife.... Yawn lol

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Must be A LOT of apostates in the Congregations then, as no growth in most of them.

Wonder if that applies higher up, too?

Doc

• sd-7
    sd-7

The most powerful force in the universe is blocked by the sins of a handful of individuals. And apparently not covered at all by that ransom sacrifice thing. Paradoxes abound.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit