If you have had the CO or DO over for a meal...

by A question 26 Replies latest jw friends

• A question
    A question

How long were they able to stay? What conversation or other things did you do together?

• metaspy
    metaspy

When my mom had the CO over for lunch, that is all they stayed for.

Just ate, talked while eating and then left.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The one and only time I hosted a CO for a cookout to watch football and have a few beers. Bastard got wind that I am a Scotch aficionadio and rather than be content with the 12 yr Glenlivet, decided he preferred my 21 year old Aberfeldy and proceeded to drink 3 of my last 4 shots of it.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

The maxiumum any CO and wife ever stayed was 1 hour. The conversations were pretty shallow. I remember one that always felt compelled to tell us of all the places he and his wife visited and how they visited different contries by going to international assemblies or their ski trips.

• blondie
    blondie

I always had a good time. One CO couple had funny stories to tell on themselves more than others. I found out how they met each other. One DO couple had known so many people in the old days, very entertaining. They lingered...one CO fell asleep in the reclining chair and his wife said he didn't have much time to rest. One time the DO and CO came together, CO training time. We played UNO. Even when we finally left the CO before that was friendly and it turned out he had been in a "divided" home like me. Had a nice conversation about how that affected your status in the congregation.

I would say that 1 out of 20 was a pain...and their reputation proceeded them.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

The ones my parents hosted had a huge appetite!!! When I was in my pre-teen years, they always said how I should enter the world of being a CO or DO...and how it's a privilege...blah blah blah...

Their was one of them who was really cool, loved basketball and that's all he did when he stayed with us for a few nights...I also had a hoop in my backyard and that's where he hung out...it's like he was obsessed with basketball...

Kool Jo

• designs
    designs

My wife made a nice Kiwi pie for the CO. The wife turned her nose up at it until I convinced her it tasted like Lemon Meringue.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I had two experiances but neither were at my home. The 1st was a CO named Wayne Knott. Super nice guy and he appreciatted everything. We could talk like men and be honest.

The 2nd was Kovalak. What a piece of crap. My congregstion was in a poorer area and he insisted on a restaurant that was well beyond the budget of 95% of the cong. The PO asked me along as he had trouble getting any of the elder body to come along. The restaurant we went to was like a Morton's. Oh and he arrived with a couple of people that were part of his entourage. So the PO and I had to pay for their meals as well.

• A question
    A question

All very interesting. Keep 'em coming.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

ive heard of some making crazy restaurant demands like WH describes...guilting people into purchases they cant afford, thats brazen conduct

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit