Hello, I Am New Here

by arrakis1 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Welcome!!!

I find so much comfort here knowing others understand. So many have been shunned by family because they found out the "truth about the truth"! I was a JW for 23 years and my husband and I did the slow fade when we saw our children unhappy in school. It brought bad memories of our own school days.....sitting in the hall alone while everyone else ate birthday cake......sitting on the other side of the room while everyone ate candy canes and sang christmas songs in music class.

My Dad (who was never a JW) was in the military and I went to school briefly in Germany. My Mom wouldn't let me salute the flag on the military base! It was so awful.........always being the odd one.

JW children really have it hard in school. We had to be different for Jehovah and stand up for our beliefs! Thats hard when you are soooo young and all alone with all the children making fun of you. I never liked this God Jehovah from an early age but never even dared to tell my Mom. The straw that broke the camels back was when she having bible study with me and pointed to the picture in the paradise book of men and women and animals, cement stairs and bikes falling into the earth at the end.....she said I would be destroyed like that along with my Dad if I didn't listen to her and Jehovah.......never cared for Jehovah since....

strawberry

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome, Arrakis!

Awesome revelation....people in the world are not all that bad. LOL

Ain't that something? I remember the moment I had that epiphany. Hang on for the ride, you'll have more of those moments.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

welcome. Glad another has found freedom. The shell-shocked part will pass and you will start to enjoy your life at last!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

good to have you here

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Hello Arrakis welcome to the board.

The thing is with 'worldly friends' they do things for you because they WANT to not because they think they'll earn some brownie points with big ole J.

• RoosterMcDooster
  • 00DAD
    00DAD

arrakis1: Awesome revelation....people in the world are not all that bad.

Yeah, that's got to be pretty high on the list if things the WTBTS do NOT want R&F JWs to know!@

Welcome tothe rest of your life!

00DAD

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome to "The World' Arrakis1!

The Watchtower was correct in saying that outside the JWs the landscape is parched and devoid of life-giving "waters of truth".

Just make sure you've got a properly fitted "still suit" and you'll do fine.

om

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Welcome. Look forward to eharing your story. I still need to detail mine at some point and get it out there.

• minimus
    minimus

Enjoy life!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit