Hello, I Am New Here

by arrakis1 36 Replies latest jw friends

• arrakis1
    arrakis1

Just want to say hello. Was a JW for 40 years. Stopped attending 2010...resigned officially in 2011. Still a little shell shocked but beginning to feel much better now. Awesome revelation....people in the world are not all that bad. LOL

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome arrakis1, make yourself at home.

people in the world are not all that bad

That is so true. Its the number one thing ex-jws need to accept if they are to enjoy the rest of their lives.

Tell us your story if you like, its always good to hear about other people's journey.

• Kensei01
    Kensei01

Welcome Arrakis1 I am sure you must remember what the Princess Irulan said about "beginings"; given your screen name; and we hope to hear your story in detail as well. I was in for about 40 yrs myself and have been fading for about 2 years. I would say I will have to resign sooner or later myself, but my spouse is still more or less in.

Have a great day!!

Kensei

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome to freedom, arrakis1, and welcome to the board.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

welcome buddy

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome Arrakis1 ! I was in for nearly 60 years ! yes I know, Thicky Dum Dum is my real name, for not waking up earlier.

I was born in, all family and friends in, but I walked away a few years ago.

I found out that the few friends I had who were not JW's are my real friends, and I have made friends with a good number since leaving, all really great people, its just another JW/WT lie, percentage wise there are more bad people, and downright A-Holes in the WT than outside !

• poppers
    poppers

Nice quote, Pubsinger.

Edited to add: I had to look it up to find where it came from and was surprised. I had no idea.

• jemba
    jemba

Hi Arrakis, a warm welcome to you, hope to hear your story soon. (thats always my fav post)

I agree with Phizzy, there are some wonderful people out there, I also have just woken up this yr but fading for many yrs. 37 yrs born-in.

Its hard when youre born in because its all you know, so I dont think Phizzy is a dum-dum, just as brainwashed as the rest of us were.

Glad to see another zombie awaken!!

Enjoy your new found mental,emotional, financial, spiritual freedom, the novelty never wears off when you realise its a Sunday and all the fools are at the meeting or its a lovely Saturday morning and youre having a sleep in and reading the paper and all the followers are out preaching a useless message.

Jemba xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit