AUSTRALIA - Prime Minister Gillard has just announced a National Royal Commission into Child Abuse within Religions

by jwleaks 37 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• sizemik
    sizemik

Never thought to copy mine, can't remember what I said. Another piece of schrapnel in the love bomb.

I fired it off yesterday.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Wouldn't expect Viv Mouritz back in Australia anytime soon. Poland must be looking better and better for him.

(He was Aussie branch coordinator 'till Steven Unthank got the police interested in JW child sex abuse. Then, even though he is in his 80's, he was suddenly sent to Poland.)

• mP
    mP

Lets hope its genuine and they dont conveniently forget to ask the right people and waste their time with the wrong people.

• mP
    mP

Its funny in a very sad way, but the bible is very soft on sex crimes, including pedophilia and rape. They are not banned or condemned anywhere.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Interesting point mP . . .

It is my opinion that contemporary moral standards have evolved well beyond what was practiced 2000+ years ago, regardless of what was said or written. When you look around the world . . . it is those countries still steeped in the religious traditions of the past, that engage in the most morally repugnant behaviour.

You only need to look at where this problem has found it's most comfortable residing place.

• karter
    karter

At a Royal Commission anyone can apply to make a submission.

They will appoint a group of M.P's from all partys and they will go around the country takeing subbmissions.

Anyone who has any information regarding child abuse among the J.W's should apply to make one.

This could get interesting.

karter.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Of course, the 'lower' status religions simply cannot applaud the commission.

No doubt the Catholic and Anglicans would prefer to not, but are savvy enough and wealthy enough to weather the storm. They have become institutions of society and will change to stay as such, but the others?

Well they are far smaller but more arrogant, more self righteous and secretive... and have a lot more to lose in a way.

Oz

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Thanks! I sent the PM a link!

I wrote the following:

I applaud you for looking into the child abuse. Please include the Jehovah's Witnesses. I grew up as a Jehovah's Witness and knew pedophiles and how the elders used coercion to silence the victims and family. www.silentlambs.org highlights the abusers who made the news, and www.watchtowerdocuments and Barbara Anderson of Tennessee are invaluable sources for you to tap. Her phone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx USA (I put in real numbers). She has been on our national news media and spoke across the world on this issue.

You will want to make sure you read the latest (2012) Watchtower letter to its elders and understand how the "Two (2) Witness Rule" works to protect pedophiles. Also, now Watchtower has put the elders in charge of determining who a sexual predator is! That's like putting the fox in charge of the henhouse. To read more about this letter and to download it, see http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/we-will-decide-who-is-a-predator-new-watchtower-instructions-to-elders-on-child-abuse

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit