AUSTRALIA - Prime Minister Gillard has just announced a National Royal Commission into Child Abuse within Religions

by jwleaks 37 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• brinjen
    brinjen

Yup. Wonder what the apologists will have to say about the findings of this one... given that they are investigating ALL religious organisations, as well as non-profit organisations and even the police. Persecution?

• jemba
    jemba

Like Brinjen I also came here to post about this wonderful news.

Of course though the witlesses will smugly sit back and think it applies to every other org but themselves - yet they are the worst!! The way they leave it to Jah and require 2 witnesses to the crime is downright disgusting and I hope it finally comes out in the media the way they treat the poor victims of abuse in this cult and even put the poor children in the same room as the abuser to tell their story.

Sick bunch of freaks they are! Maybe the next step here in Australia is to get our athiest PM to take away the 'charity' status of the JWs, theyve never helped anyone but the society to get rich.

I dont like Gillard and think she has a few hidden agendas and is even sending Aust broke with all these stupid taxes etc. But I'm hoping part of her agenda may be to give religions a bit of a run for their money.

How long will it be in this financially strapped world before governments start looking at the massive amounts of $$ tied up in religions and wonder how they can get their hands on it, a great start would be to strip many of the religons out there of their tax free charity status..... Bring it on!!!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Wish they would do this in the USA.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

That is tremendous.

With everything going on in Britain right now in the wake of the Jimmy Saville monstrosity...that's not to strong a word for it...we could do with one of those here. Immediately. Pronto!

• zeb
    zeb

Please send letters of support (KEEP THEM BRIEF) to

The Hon. Prime Minister

Julia Gillard, MP

Parliament House

Canberra,

ACT 2600

Australia.

I just did!

• fresia
    fresia

and don't forget to mention that the JW must be on the list, and refer to the Sunday show from 2006, and dateline, I have!!

• brinjen
    brinjen

Whether they specifically investigate the Watchtower or not (I can't see them not... both Victoria and New South Wales have their own inquiries happening as well too) in the very least I can see changes to the law taking place. The aim of this Royal Commission is to prevent children who have been sexually abused being ignored by those who are supposed to be helping them.

I know the Northern Territory government made changes to their mandatory notification laws a few years ago... now anyone who has information about domestic violence or child abuse is required by law to report it to the police. They don't care if they get 50 people calling in about the same incident... you can't assume someone else already reported it and you have to call them yourself. Of course, not very many JW's in the NT but still wonder how they took the news...

• poppers
    poppers

God bless the atheist.

Funny, but I bet she'd prefer to have your vote.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

BTTT - I think this is good news and wish more countries would take this step. Society in general is getting sick and tired of organizations who cover up wrongdoing, putting kids in harms way simply to save their reputation.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Awesome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit