The Memorial

by patio34 15 Replies latest social current

• patio34
    patio34

Was the memorial meeting last nite (3/22)? My son was by this morning and said he didn't go . Said it would be hypocritical to go when he had so many doubts about the whole thing. Apparently he's been talking with his other brother (a gung-ho JW) about his doubts.

I thought the memorial was something like the 28th. Anyone know? Anyone go?

Pat

• Gopher
    Gopher

It's on the 28th (Thursday). And you couldn't pay me to go.

-J.R., member, UADNA-MN
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Minnesota division)

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I got 4 little white slips in the mail today. Well actually yesterday. I opend the envelopes and there they were! They were all sent from back east. Nothing from my own cong. But i did get a phone call.
    I was going to scan them and put them in this post but I don't know how yet. Still working on it.

"I look to the sea, reflections in the waves spark my memory
    Some happy,some sad"
    styx

This one most definitely Happy
  • LB
    LB

Yeah it's the 28th and this is saturday morning. I really am not up to the morning invite to the memorial again. Since this hasto be the last memorial they are all very zealous in getting out there with the invitations.

Screw this, I'm going to town.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks for the update. I'll continue to let my son think he missed it (heh, heh). I was invited, but declined.

LB, could you clarify what you meant by

I really am not up to the morning invite to the memorial again. Since this hasto be the last memorial
    Who's inviting you and why is it the last memorial and why did you hesitate to go to town.

Inquiring minds want to know

Pat

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

DARN! This scanning copying exporting converting stuff is a bugger! I think It did it right
    any way if not it was the invite.

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks Plmkrzy for that scan. Good job! Could you please share with me the steps you took to do that? Did you have to save it on the web somewhere?

Pat

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

There is usually the most awsome full-moon on that night. I like to go out for a long jog near the beach or in the hills with Henry after the memorial.

Patio just read your reply. I'll write it all down and post it here a little later when Im sure it's right.

• LB
    LB
    Who's inviting you and why is it the last memorial and why did you hesitate to go to town.

It's saturday morning and usually around this time of year everyone goes out in service. So I was expecting a car group to show up. Trouble was a yearling was out on the road so we had to chase the stupid thing down.

Oh and it's always the last memorial isn't it? I mean that's what the elders at are hall always used to push. Better make this one because it most likely is the last.

But I'm going to town this afternoon, hopefully a car group won't show up in the next hour. I really don't want to deal with them today.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• patio34
    patio34

Makes perfect sense now LB! What kind of yearling were you chasing? Is that a horse or a cow? Oh, I think i remember a book about a horsecalled The yearling. My ignorance is showing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit