A milestone for my Grandson, David

by coffee_black 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

coffee_black,

You have an awesome grandson----and handsome too!!

May he have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Reopened Mind

• whathappened
    whathappened

It sounds like this young man has it together. He has had to grow up fast, but that is not necessarily bad. With your love and emotional support, he will have all he needs to embark on a bright, prosperous future.

It is good to hear good things for a change. Give your grandson a big hug from all of us.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

You have many reasons to be proud, gramma! A very special young man, indeed.

• cofty
    cofty

He is a real man - you are right to be very proud.

• baltar447
    baltar447

That's awesome. He looks like he's got his life and himself together. And way to stand up to a deadbeat a**hole excuse for a "father".

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

David sounds like an amazing young man. Hope his bday was wonderful! His Mom must be pretty amazing as well to have raised such a fine young man. I hope she has a full recovery from her condition.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Bravo, bravo... a thousand times, bravo. Well done, Sir... and happy birthday! This world would be a much better place if there were more humans like you.

(Congrats and thanks for the lovely update, Coffee... it made my day.)

Love,
    Baba.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Congratulations to David and to your family!!

I sincerely hope that the "father" runs off to join a Buddhist monastery....

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thanks everyone!

He truly is one of a kind. He is in the process of applying to colleges. He already has a scholarship from the State of Florida for 4 years of any instate College. He's expanding his horizons though. His resume is unbelievable.... so many awards and achievements. His letters of recommendation are numerous...and from people like the Mayor and Superintendant of Schools... It will be interesting where he ends up going.

He plans to be a Doctor. Originally he wanted to go into politics.... but has discovered the corruption...and believes it has ruined a lot of good people.... so he feels medicine is a good way to go....especially after witnessing what his mom has endured. He also is interested in music and plans to persue that to some degree as well, Mostly because he enjoys it so much. He can play pretty much any instrument he picks up....but has been trained on the clarinet and guitar.

He had a great birthday after the ordeal was overwith. They celebrated over the weekend, but the night after his confrontation with his father, he just wanted to spend time with his mom.... they talked for hours.

You could say I'm proud...but that doesn't begin to cover it.... I am honored that he is part of my life. Watching him grow into such an exceptional young man has been amazing.

Coffee

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Wow, an advocate for homeless and standing up to a bully (his own father, nonetheless); it'll be interesting to see what he does in the future!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit