Layoffs

by LV101 33 Replies latest jw friends

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Just saying, it doesnt help. Others are reporting the same story not just Beck.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Im also not saying its only Obamacare to blame. Its a house of cards

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

just saying obamacare will ruin jobs doesn't make it true.

you do know how insurance works right? you do realize we're the last industrialized nation to NOT have universal coverage right?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sickaroundtheworld/countries/models.html

These four models should be fairly easy for Americans to understand because we have elements of all of them in our fragmented national health care apparatus. When it comes to treating veterans, we're Britain or Cuba. For Americans over the age of 65 on Medicare, we're Canada. For working Americans who get insurance on the job, we're Germany.
    For the 15 percent of the population who have no health insurance, the United States is Cambodia or Burkina Faso or rural India, with access to a doctor available if you can pay the bill out-of-pocket at the time of treatment or if you're sick enough to be admitted to the emergency ward at the public hospital.
    The United States is unlike every other country because it maintains so many separate systems for separate classes of people. All the other countries have settled on one model for everybody. This is much simpler than the U.S. system; it's fairer and cheaper, too.
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria

You are quoting a blog in The Washington Times, a right wing paper version of Fox News owned by Rupert Murdoch. And the information comes from Freedom Works. Are you aware of who they are? Just some of the Big Money behind GOP Superpacs. In other words they have a vested interest in this propaganda.

The requirements on businesses don't even start until 2014.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades
    Im also not saying its only Obamacare to blame. Its a house of cards

it's NOT some silly "house of cards" if it SAVES COMPANIES MONEY

this is mind boggling.

no we shouldn't invest in education to make our workforce smarter and more capable

no we shouldn't invest in a more robust public./private healthcare system which at least guarantees basic preventative care for the entire populace so that our workforce can be stronger and so that we can ultimately spend LESS on healthcare because we're nipping things in the bud instead of letting things progress to do or die status.

no we shouldn't extend rebuild our crumbling infrastructure which will power us into the 21st century while providing tons of good paying jobs.

yes we should absolutely ignore the basic economic principles of opportunity cost...

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    you do know how insurance works right?

Oh RBIH, I was going to ask this exact question. Right now it is the law that if someone goes in to an emergency room they must be treated (Reagan I believe signed that in). That is an incredibly expensive way to care for people, not to mention those without insurance often wait until a problem is so bad it can't be ignored. Say cancer. Now they are in the emergency room, and we are all paying for it, and their chances are far worse than if they had had ongoing care and caught the problem earlier.

Employer offered health insurance is basically part of your earnings. Because an employer is essentially handing over a block of customers to the insurance company they can get better rates. It's just like buying in bulk. Depending on the business, your wages, etc. etc. you pay a portion and the employer pays a portion. That is why states are due to set up exchanges for those who do not get coverage through work. They become a block of their own. Providing the Ins Co with customers, and getting reduced rates in return.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

RBIH, it's like letting the house rot from the inside out because you don't want to pay to have a leak fixed.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

plus there's the whole nature of younger, healthier people paying for the older, sicker ones.

that's part of what bothers me about elderly voters voting for a paul ryan. to me, that's the epitome of selfish.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Time will tell and I may have to eat my words. Im just not optimistic on this.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Dazed, I sincerely encourage you to read from many sources and do your own research, don't let the talking heads interpret everything for you. You will be more optimistic. Some wisdom from Jefferson

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." (as cited in Padover, 1939, p. 89)

". . . whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government; that, whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them right." (as cited in Padover, 1939, p. 88)

http://www.earlyamerica.com/review/winter96/jefferson.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit