any ex-jw's in southern ontario, canada? Toronto, Barrie?

by slimk 17 Replies latest jw friends

• slimk
    slimk

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, and somewhat new to being out of the org [in recovery mode at present], and I'm looking to meet some fellow ex-jw's in person. Now that I'm "out" making new friends has proven to be a bit tricky since I'm a tad socially stunted due to my past. BTW I'm a guy in my late 20's.

• slimk
    slimk

no one, really?

• Woody22
    Woody22

Niagara Falls area ex JW ex elder

Welcome

• slimk
    slimk

thank you, nice to meet you Woody! Do you personally/in real life know any others who have defected, on doctrinal grounds?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi Slim ... there are a few of us from Ontario here. I don't know anyone personally who has left on doctrinal grounds. Not sure I qualify as I was never baptized but just never agreed with the ideals (subjugation and forbidding blood transfusions), scriptural interpretations, and going beyond scripture.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hi slimk, and welcome to the board.

There are quite a few from the Toronto area actually. It seems that many like myself visit the board less and less. However, let's keep bumping the thread and see if a few more get to see the thread.

I look forward to your posts.

• everchangingworld
    everchangingworld

Lived (and pioneered) in Toronto for over a decade, but not living there now. Left on doctrinal grounds, mostly. I know quite a few others that have left that are still in TO. Feel free to PM me.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

Toronto area here with my husband Paralipomenon. Left for many reasons.... I was raised in from age 5 and the hubby was born in. We got out, with our three sons, about 6 years ago. Things are a crazy with work and holiday's right now but maybe we can arrange a Toronto GTA meet up in the new year.

Bobbi

• mouthy
    mouthy

I live in Fergus Ontario Canada ......I am 85 was a JW for over 25 years.

Am now a born again Christian......

But duck because a lot of the atheists on here chuck rocks. But they are the most wonderful bunch I know

http://exjw.weebly.com Mouthy Grace Gough

• Dagney
    Dagney

Bumpity bump bump

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit