F&DS New Light Official JW Statement

by konceptual99 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I have just read it quick. I think they have opened a box full of many questions with this new light and have backed themselves into a theology corner.
    They are creating a third class in their heirarchy. The fds(gb), regular joe and jane partaker, and the other sheep. They will have to rewrite many books.

It does indeed seem like quite a mess. But one of the aims of this change will be to discourage increases in the number of partakers, since there's now less 'prestige' in being a 'partaker'.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i am so glad that jesus said " come unto me" these man made religion are so corrupt wt and catholic are at the top of list!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

When Did Jesus Appoint “the Faithful and Discreet Slave” Over His Domestics?

" Logically, then, “the faithful and discreet slave” must have appeared after Christ’s presence began in 1914."

Actually, that is completely ILLOGICAL. Leolaia completely deconstructed this in another thread, but the essential point is this: the slave in the parable was put in charge while the master went away. That slave was identified as either "faithful" or "evil" when the master returned, but based upon his activities while the master was away.

Matthew 24:45-51:

45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to ? YOU , He will appoint him over all his belongings.

48 “But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

Duh! These guys are complete idiots when it comes to interpreting the Bible.

Maybe they're setting things up to say that Jesus hasn't returned yet. 1914 is about to go "bye-bye" and a new date is soon to be announced as the "New Light" version of Christ's Invisible Presence.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Wow! Just awsome! The "other sheep" script writers - also going by the name 'nethinim' - are setting the FDS up to fail big time.

Steven Lett is something else (Video @6:35).

Guess what? When the program was over, the interviewees did not comment on this 'exciting new development' even once - it past by them silently. But then, hey, they were invited and in attendance - it was a great social happening!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Jeffro: In keeping with this, Charles Taze Russell hasn't been mentioned at all in any JW publications since 2009.

Wow, that's significant!

How was that verified?

That makes sense that they would do that. I'd like to document it. Can you provide some documentation or a reference?

Thanks,

00DAD

• Poztate
    Poztate

Did they not teach that the "dead annointed" were already resurrected in 1914 or so and they were just hanging out with Jesus since then, planning and plotting for Armageddon ?

Is this a new doctrinal belief also then ?

What Are Jesus’ “Belongings”?

Jesus said: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.” (Matthew 28:18) Jesus’ “belongings” thus include more than just his earthly interests. They include the Messianic Kingdom.—Philippians 2:9-11.

Consequently, Jesus will reward “the faithful and discreet slave” by resurrecting the individual members of that group to heavenly life and by giving them royal authority over all Christ’s belongings in heaven and on earth. This is the same reward promised to all faithful anointed Christians.—Luke 22:28-30; Revelation 20:6.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea as many have commented, this will blow by like a fart in the wind. Some of this nonsensical dogma and changes are getting way to complex for even the writers to understand. Let alone someone who thumbs through his WT for a few minutes before meeting.

In ten years. CTR will be like his partners back then. Just a breif mention of "what some honest hearted individuals were trying to accomplish, scriptually".

I've heard there were attempts to rid 1914 from the books, as Ray Franz pointed out. They might have had more credibility had they done this in the 70's. Now it's just looks like they make it up as they go. Oh wait, they really do that

• Scott77
    Scott77

I think they have opened a box full of many questions with this new light and have backed themselves into a theology corner.

They are creating a third class in their heirarchy. The fds(gb), regular joe and jane partaker, and the other sheep. They will have to rewrite many books.

solomon

Hi solomon,

That observation was interesting to me. Alot of literatures might be produced. People outside the United States are going to conclude that JW is indeed an American cult group. The new light is obvious.

Scott77

Scott77

• Aurelius
    Aurelius

Ok, so the WT/GB are saying that two appointments take place.

1. The master, Jesus, appointed the FDS over 'his domestics' in 1919 (verse 45).

2. Jesus will appoint the FDS 'over all his belongings" (all Kingdom interests) during the great tribulation (verse 47).

In summary... 'his domestics' and 'his belongings' are not part of the same thing and that the two appointments take place several years apart.

So are we to conclude that 'his domestics' are not also 'his belongings' ???

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Nothing to add in the FDS garbage, but this made me throw up a little in my mouth:

Children’s Chorus:

There were few dry eyes in the audience as a chorus of 17 children sang “Listen, Obey, and Be Blessed” from the songbook Sing to Jehovah (Song No. 120).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit