Peace

Kool Jo

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

A very honest stand

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

Hello Vidqun,

I just read your story about being disfellowshipped.

So now that 8 years have passed, and I am assuming that you still believe in God and the Bible, I am wondering if you have found some group or church to associate with?

Just curious.

Paul

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Vidqun did the elder body classify you as disfellowshipped or disassociated? I'm guessing (according to the policy I read in the Organized To Do Jehovah's Will book of 2005) they classified you as disassociated. If that is the case you can think of yourself as having disfellowshipped them.

• asp59
    asp59

Yeah well things have changed now. GB don't know what a apostasy is. Plus they told everyone they not inspired. Lots of elders are on powers trip so they probably DF you even if org have change there mind about things.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

As far as I know I was disfellowshipped because of apostasy. I wrote a few books incorporating my studies over the years. They didn't like that. However, I am eternally grateful for them kicking me out. Now I can give my thoughts free reign and judge for myself whatever I encounter. I am truly free.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Pallbearer, sorry I missed your post. If you are still around, yes, I still believe in God and the Bible. My subsequent studies on Daniel and Revelation confirmed my faith. However, I am not associated with any group or church out of principle. If you associate with a specific group you are forced to conform to their teaching. I am too independently minded to fall in step with anybody. Once bitten, twice shy.

I must add. It was a difficult transition. The echo from JW's is "Where will you go?" This platform assisted me through the difficult times. Sometimes we bumped heads. Yet, the discussions helped me to remove the cobwebs from the brain and clear some of the obstacles from my path.

• jhine
    jhine

Interesting that you say that if you associate with a particular group you are forced to conform to their teaching. I am CofE so Anglican and Witnesses tend to level the accusation towards us that my church doesn't keep it's members in line , so we can't be a true church .

Yes our theology is Trinitarian but after that there are no hard or fast rules for which we could get kicked for not obeying.

Other than the 10 commandments, the main two being " love God .... " and " love your neighbour " that's it .

I always feel that it's such a shame that when someone manages to break free from the WT they usually become an atheist or if like you they retain their basic faith they are suspicious of any kind of religious affiliation.

I suppose l get it , as you say " once bitten , twice shy . " but l do wonder if you are missing out on fellowship and encouragement.

Jan

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Jhine, thanks for your concern. In my area there are the standard churches, but each with his own, unique belief system. To top it all, I am an introvert by nature, so I associate with my books more than anything else. Nevertheless, I sincerely believe the time is near for God to unify Christianity. I base the belief on Joel 2:28-32 (cf. Acts 2:17-21). It was partially fulfilled in the first century, but some of the signs point to the future, "before the day of the LORD," e.g., the sun and moon. Then there is the appearance of the two witnesses, also future. Last but not least is the thought in Isaiah which point to the birth of a new nation, suddenly, without birth pains (Is. 66:8). In my mind, for Christian groups to survive the coming tribulation there has to be a semblance of unity, otherwise they will be overwhelmed by Satan's hordes. Hopefully this will occur sooner than later.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

I am amazed also at the number of those who become non-believers but equally amazed at those who accept trinitarianismismismism.

That's a lot of ism.

I feel, if the dubs did anything right, out of all the nonsense and self-serving, self-aggrandizing, it was to accept Arius. Yeah, that's right, they didn't invent non-trinitarianism, Arius had it right and he had it right a long time before Russel.

The trinity is the worst teaching ever. The main thing Satan contended was that Jesus was not "the Word", but just a fellow being that was bullying everyone else. Satan didn't believe in God.

The foundation of Satan's claim was that Jesus made God up, and he was using it to mask his real intention.

So, Jesus consented to be born Son of Man and to die at Satan's hand to prove God was real, and that He, Jesus, was indeed doing what He claimed, to "be sent", to be only "doing the will of the Father" etc.

The trinity undoes the value of Christ's sacrifice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit