Badge of honor - for apostasy!

by Vidqun 30 Replies latest forum announcements

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Today, I have attended my JC meeting, courtesy of three local elders. All three had their "Shepherd"-books on their laps. I carefully and meticulously proved to them that their interpretation of Dan. 12:6, 7 and Rev. 11:7-10 are wrong. We touched upon different topics, e.g., the UN, OSCE, the protection of pedophiles, etc., things I feel strongly about.

After discussing these in depth, their reaction was predictable. If you do not believe in the interpretation of the FDS = GB (right or wrong), you are an apostate. To protect the congregation you must be df'ed from the congregation. By the way, they have not heard of the new light of the FDS = GB. They became very irritated every time I brought it up.

They were kind enough to allow me 7 days to appeal their findings. If I do not appeal, they would announce their verdict to the congregation. I assured them that I would not be interested. They inferred that if I start attending meetings again, that would show repentance and that I would be welcomed back to the congregation. But I told them that would be unlikely, as I do not expect great changes in the org. in the forseeable future. As things stand now, I won't be interested.

I am ashamed to admit that I spent thirty years with the cult. Now I am wide awake. In confirmation, I have received my Apostate Badge of honor, at long last. Now I can really sympathize with many of you. It is a slap in the face, but I believe it's worth it. One must be true to one's beliefs, no matter what.

Congrats are in order.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Considering the biblical Jesus Christ was disfellowshipped (the old fashioned way) for apostasy by the then leaders of God’s organization, I’d say you’re in pretty good company.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Congratulations, then, Vidqun!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I agree with Marvin. I personally, would fight the fight to NOT be disfellowshipped simply because of what it would do to my friends and family. It sounds like you are in a different circumstance.

• poppers
    poppers

One of you creative people on the board should design an "official" Apostate Badge of Honor.

• clarity
    clarity

{{Vidqun}} ... congratulations for your honesty, your integrety and

putting yourself on the line! Even with the pain of it, it must be a

big relief.

A new life begins.....

clarity

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congratulations of the highest order!

• Scott77
    Scott77