Would YOU Have Died For The Witness Religion?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

all i can say is i think so, with a lean towards probably.

i also watched the holocaust video and heard the stories a thousand times. freaky and not something a kid should have to hear. there was also the question of whether i should bury a bunch of awake and watchtowers for when the shitstorm started.

having had twinges of doubt all throughout my time as a dub, i like to think that when push comes to shove, and the boiling oil, noose, firing squad, whatever was setting up, my brain would kick in and realize it was all bullshit.

but i probably would have been a dutiful dubsack

• minimus
    minimus

a dutiful dubsack...lol

• whathappened
    whathappened

Yes, I would have died and I would have sent my child to her death and let my other family members die. I would have done it unquestionably.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

it is scary to think about. this could be the one chance at life we get and we could have wasted it on something stupid.

come to think of it, factoring in the blood situation, yea i probably would have. especially since i did a LOT of stupid things as a kid. like trying to jump off a 3 floor balcony with a back pack and garbage bags for a parachute.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Yeah! well what else can you do in a screwed up religious philosophy like Christianity, whether its the witness brand or the catholic brand or the modern easy-queasy-love everyone American brands.

Right from the start - the dying for Yahweh/Jesus model was promoted as the proper thing to do, it became so popular in early Christian times, that young Christians, full of zeal, would jump up at trials etc and say 'Hey, we're Christians too- kill us also!"

I've just finished an essay on martyrdom in the Korean Catholic church, the man named Yi Sung-hon,suggested to be the first Korean Catholic, had heard of the Catholic religion, travelled to Beijing to meet the Jesuit missionaries who were allowed to preach there. The missionaries did not want to baptise him, they thought him 'too new.' But he persisted and they asked him the question, "Will you die for your faith?" And when he said "Yes!" they baptised him. He died as a martyr in 1801, but not without denying his faith 3 times in the intervening years. I guesshe had the same sort of doubts, that all of us may have.

All up in Korea, over 8000 Christians died a martyr's death. In Japan over 36,000, at least.

Dying for Yahweh/Jesus is a trademark of Christianity!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit