Would YOU Have Died For The Witness Religion?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I was prepared to die, but 14 years ago my youngest son, with autism, had a liver problem and he was treated at Children's Hospital in Boston.

The doctors considered with me the possibility of liver surgery and I told them of our rejection of blood. The doctor told me that in a case like this I would lose his custody. Actually after thinking about it just a little I told the doctor that if my son needed blood, I was willing to give mine. Thank God there was no need to go that far. His liver improved and there was no need of surgery.

Now after knowing the TTATT not even for myself I would reject blood if is being an issue of life and death.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

yes. of course.

I grew up believing that one day I would be tortured, raped, imprisoned for my faith.

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

No. I guess I'm selfish. I would never had died for the 'Truth'.

Once, my sister (a JW then) had to have emergency surgery from a miscarriage. Her JW husband would not shut up about her not taking blood. I went into the lobby, pulled the nurse aside, and told her to get him out of there and then she would consent. The ask him to leave and she consented, if necessary. Thankfully, it was not.

I felt, even then that to die because you would not take blood was absurd. I mean no disrespect to anyone who has or almost died or anything. I'm not judging anyone else's decisions.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Tiki: well.....i lived in terror of the concentration camp thing having had a great-uncle and his wife who survived it....i developed a massive panic anxiety disorder and if circumstances did not evolve the way they did i would have been dead long ago (slowly suicidal, anorexic, which sufficiently damaged me so that at this time in life i have a couple rather serious issues) thankfully a wonderful man came into my life and saved me.

My daughter was very young, 6 or 7 when the yearbook came out about the concentration camps and the JWs. She obsessed about being put in a concentration camp for a year or so. I know now this was not appropriate material for a child her age, but then the Bible stories book isn't either. She became suicidal later, who knows if these things contributed or not. She is OK now, never got baptized so escaped the Borg.

I would have died for Jehovah, yes. I don't have a fear of death, and I was the martyr type anyway. Not now, I have learnedly to trust my own judgement more than anyone else's, so I wouldn't throw my life away because of some delusional men in Brooklyn.

• eva luna
    eva luna

Tiki look up 'generational trama'. It helped me understand what one can (inderectically?) mentally and physically feel.

I'm happy to hear you are doing well.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Yes. I used to believe it with my whole heart and soul, and would have died for them, no questions asked. Scary how a cult can brainwash someone into dying for them if need be. The control that they do have over people is truly frightening.

Interesting topic, Min. Thanks!!!

• eva luna
    eva luna

LisaRose

I lived in terror of the concentration camp. I had re-acurring dreams of my parents being shot , exicution style by Gustapo looking men at a very young age , Plus I was hiding ..guilt. . When I was in my 30s I read everything about Hitler's Germany , I had piles of books. Why? I wanted to know why??? MY daughter is the same. She has the same fear.

Growing up in the 70s , that horrible yearbook, with the graphic stories, was so scary.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Yes, in a UN Concentration Camp I figured I would die. No UN CCs are here, I was sucked into a cult?

• Heaven
    Heaven

As a child, do you really have a choice? I was terrified I'd need a blood transfusion as a teenager and my parents would refuse. I lived in fear of this, among other things (like Armageddon and demons).

As an adult, I would never die for this cult. My cousin did though. She left behind a husband and 3 children.

• minimus
    minimus

We would have died for the cause because we were afraid that if we didn't God would leave us out of his memory. Bastards!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit