Do y'all celebrate Christmas in the same way every year?

by panhandlegirl 19 Replies latest social current

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Nothing has changed much for us. We always got together in later years mainly with my wifes family on Chrissie Day. We enjoyed a huge meal and lots of booze together.

The only difference now is that none of us are anymore JW's ! and we exchange presents, and probably drink a bit more booze, but I can't be sure about the last bit, job to keep a record !

I'm lookig forward to it, its a good time.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I was in responding to you all but I lost it all. Will have to wait now as I have to sleep before going to work. Happy week-end to you all.

PHG

• james_woods
    james_woods

Wait, satanus is FEMALE?

Then why the Latin masculine name ending?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i never did and still don't

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Then why the Latin masculine name ending?'

You got it.

S

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I celebrated xmas quite a bit for a few years, went all out with decorating, cooking, gifts and so on. Eventually got turned off by the months of television ads telling us that money equals love and the more we buy for people the more they'll love us.

Now, it's more like a celebration of the winter solstice - a good dinner with friends closer to Dec. 21 than Dec. 25. No gifts, not much cooking. I do enjoy the lights, though. Very pretty. I like some of the music, although I wish someone would shoot the little drummer boy.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

I'm with you Hortensia, (to be candid) screw xmas.

Its all about overpriced food and crap. Even if I had young kids, I think I'd buy them some good presents, and do my best to protect their delicate little minds from such consumerist religious rubbish.*

This year I'm going to a friends place who has promised to cook a delicious Chinese meal.

(*ps: that's what I did when I was a witness, anyway)

Another PS. I knew a long-term witness family back in the 1950's. New in the truth, (sarcastic grin) this idealistic young kid (that I used to be) wondered to them, how far away was the Big A? "No more than 5 years, for sure, the Dad says to me. Yeah,right! He's long dead, his son (who studied with me) is just about dead, and I guess I've not got that long to go myself. But back to the point FTS. The point being that Mum faithful witness used to buy her kids chrissie presents every year. And guess who was a very frequent visitor to their house - none other than big Ted Jarascz. Isn't there a lesson there for someone????

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Its just been the last 2 years for me. i just like the decorating, love the lights!

• talesin
    talesin

I paint my window panes with gold, hang a glittery red "PEACE" sign in one of them, string up lights, and there's plants, bells, lots of twinkly stuff ... no tree, though, unless I rescue a "Charley Brown" tree that is not getting sold! hehe

My living room is warm, cozy and filled with little Santas, butterflies, ribbons and lots of majikal things to celebrate the solstice... all the prezzies are home made gifts, beautifully wrapped and though there are few, all will be treasured.

tal

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It can vary from year to year.

We celebrate it on the 25th unless the 25th falls on a meeting night in which case we celebrate it on the 24th.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit