Info on publisher cards???

by OneDayillBeFree 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

ElderE, is that definitely, absolutely the case?

two things I've Ben told make me wonder, for even though I never made it all the way to baptism, I was a zealous publisher and I had a card.

First of all, when he began my card and checked my details with me, the Secretary told me that the record would be preserved for ever, and would follow me wherever I went.

Secondly, when they were still hoping to get me back into the fold ( I think they've got the message by now, I hear nothing...well....nearly nothing) anyway, one elder, who had me go. To his house for a long talk with him and his wife, said he wanted to hear my account of what happened. (For those who don't know I had a late night visit, Stalinesque in character, from two power-mad elders...maybe they're al like that?) he said something about putting the record straight and correcting details on, in his words, on "that card before it goes up to London". I guessed he meant the London Bethel.

So, that makes me think there is a record kept of all, even the lowliest unbaptised publisher.

Is that not correct?

• fugue
    fugue

This is an older one (revised 2/82) but I don't think they've changed in any significant way since then.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/experiences/personal-files-privacy-act-1988.php

(Click on the image that says "publisher report card.")

They're double sided; the back is just more blanks. As you can imagine, they fill up pretty quick. So each publisher ® has a small stack of cards, depending on how many years you've been in da troof.

I'd like to hear from any more current elders... I haven't been an elder for about 10 years now... but are they making some progress toward going paperless with this?

• tiki
    tiki

all they have is name. address, date of birth, baptism and a monthly ledger of hours in service, placements, etc. oh and if you are OS or Anointed....... it's just a list of meaningless numbers. the CO likes to review them to get a feel of who is doing more or less in service - that's the only "value" of them........little report cards....and given how we know that what is reported is usually pretty far removed from fact, they become even more meaningless..................waste of time all around.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

To have your card/s in your posession gives you power you wil not get back if you pass them on, they must be lost, then fade fast.

Your new congregation works as they all do on paprwork, not love. You may have to face some questioning even if you never attend a meeting again, but "lost" cards are lost cards , persoannly I would keep them , but I would never officially be able to find them ,they must have gone in the trash.

The saliant point is that you will never appear on the radar of a Visiting C.O, a card has to be there for that to happen, someone without a card is not worthy of his exalted attention. So there will never be pressure on the Elders to chase after you.

You are still not immune from an overly keen Elder, or from one pushed to check on you by your family from afar, but that will happen or not regardless of the cards.

DO NOT PASS THE CARDS ON !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit