"Truth Be Told" - the movie...

by ziddina 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Nooooo, he clearly isn't expecting this movie to be a "cash cow"... He's spent his wad making the thing, but now he's trying to find an outlet for it that will make it readily available - the more viewers, the wider the word will be spread about Watchtower edicts and dogma.

I forgot to mention something VERY significant about the movie - sorry, still a bit sleep-deprived...

Throughout the movie there are quick flashes of Watchtower Society artwork - not quite "subliminal", but enough to give one that impression. The most common images are the scarlet wild beast with the "Great Harlot" riding it, images of "Armageddon" - though those are liberally sprinkled about in the movie, too - and images of the angels with three sets of wings.

I found it a BIT distracting, but not too much so. Someone asked Mr. Smith about his reasons for inserting those images; he indicated that he was doing a 'play' upon the Watchtower use of subliminals.

• ziddina
    ziddina

BUMP!!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Bump. I would love to see it. The idea of relating stories through topics is good when well done. People in general view Jehovah's Witnesses as a joke. Well, I do use my past association for comic relief. When I told the Obama campaign that I knocked on doors as a preschooler and how nasty people can be to children, they laughed so hard. The whole crowd. Finally, one woman realized her manners and apologized but I told her to laugh on.

• whathappened
    whathappened

This movie looks and sounds like a labor of love. I would purchase a copy from him if they become available.

• ziddina
    ziddina

INteresting, Band...

I hope that his first movie takes off so he'll do a sequel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit