Yet another intro letter

by problemaddict 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey Creative. I agree. I do not think for one minute that JW's have the market cornered on morality. I wouldn't either say that they are immoral. They probably reflect the cuture and percentages of the countries they are in just like the rest of the population.

Just like everyone else.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Hiya problemaddict and sorry I did not mean to sound blunt! It's late here - I have teenagers and my ex is still a witness.. I've never stopped my kids going but I always offered alternative explanations - a lot of the older generation have good morals but as for my age group and below I would say they have a higher divorce rate than anyone I know - all my nieces and nephews were at 16 so hung up on courting and finding a mate and married by 18 - I would be horrified if that were my boy - he is 17 next month - I love seeing him trot off to college every day with no cares, play his guitar, go to jam night, go to concerts, be a teen! Something a lot of witness youths are totally robbed of in the name of 'morality' I just generally made it clear that if they subscribed to that lifestyle they would not be able to mix with school friends, play their fave video games etc etc.. Shallow but it worked...! I just didnt want tyem growing up with the concept that they were 'bad' or 'wrongdoing' I hate that - I hate when people are made to feel guilty or negtive I do think as a religion it ruins self esteem - we are miserable sinners we are not worthy etc etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit