Yet another intro letter

by problemaddict 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hello Everyone,

To the MOD, if this is posted in the wrong place please feel free to move it to wherever is appropriate.

So here is another lurker turned community member. I might write up a life story at some point, but for the sake of time here are the ABC's of me.

Raised a JW. Family all JW's. Friends for the most part are all JW's. My closest friend is a former JW and we have always been like family. The wife comes from a family or really good people, with a little bit of "status" you may say. Generally kind heartwarming, and loyal people. Save for an issue I dealt with a year ago, I haven't had many run ins with elders. Generally my experiences with JW's unlike many of you, has been good. Not alot of judgemental people in my life, and I always have had the unique ability to ignore people at a whim. That has helped quite a bit.

I run a decent size buisness. I have a young baby and another on the way. I have been inactive officially for 6 months, and basically it all started with me questioning the power structure of the religion. That led me to questions about blood (which I firmly believe is a conscience matter at best), our history, the misuse of disfellowshipping to keep people in line, and a host of other things. I try to divorce myself from the socail issues within the group, because to behonest, they mean alot to the person going through them, but not much in the way of proof of an issue canbe extrapolated from those experiences. Its the same reasoning a Catholic who was treated like a jerk from their church could reason that JW's were so incredibly different. People are people, and I expect no more or less from anyone.

My wife is essentially in agreement with me on many things, but wants there to be a moral structure for our children, and just to teach them to think for themselves on the side. I think she will see that isn't possible. But with her entire world tied up in it, I don't see her leaving. She is a good person, and I believe is loyal to me beyond the elders in the local hall. So I am truely fortunate there.

Anyways, that is the short version. I hope to be able to contribute. I don't try to convince others to feel the way i do, but I do like to get someone thinking about things they may not have already considered.

Later gators

-PA

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Did I mention I hate to proofread....

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome to the board, problemaddict (nice name).

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Here is a great site and linkas to why a person should not want to be a jw. Thought the wife might want to check it out.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/wrong-with-being-jehovahs-witness.php

njy

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

i hate proofreading too!!

welcome PA!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

^^^Thank you. We are not quite at the point of sending her so-called apostate links. But the summary of many of the conclusions that are a hallmark of the EX-JW community she is aware of, and to a large extent, agrees with. Keep in mind. 6 months inactive, everyone knows I have a rebellious streak, none of my friend or family have treated me any different except for maybe steering clear of religious or congregation related topics. That is all good in the hood as far as I am concerned.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Hello problemaddict, I enjoyed your introduction. I hate proof reading too.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I love your handle as it is so clever. I enjoyed your story and am amazed at your inactivity of only 6 months. The fact that your wife and you seem to be on the same page is a definite plus.

You'll get many tips on reading material that will help reinforce your stance and here is one of them -- The Great Watchtower Contradiction -- an 11 minute read that was designed for ones not yet baptized. However, it poses some very challenging questions and thoughts that even the most seasoned JW would wish they wouldn't encounter at the door. All Watchtower quotes (except 1) can be found on the Watchtower library CD.

I, along with the some 70,000 each year who choose to exit Watchtower's flock, wish you the very best.

Len Miller

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Welcome problematic. We look forward to more of your posts.

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

Welcome!

I too have recently left the mind fog of WTBS and relate to your story. My husband is the same way as your wife. There was a time when I shoved new thinking down his throat, but now I try to get him to think. Today on a pure stroke of luck, I was looking for a certian article in the watchtower library and found two articles contradicting eachother right next to eachother. One saying the faithful dead will be resurrected to help teach and one says that they wont. I read them to my husband. He said things change, new understanding. I held up the bible and asked if that ever changes. He said "NO". I left it at that, hoping he would dwell upon his own answer. If he had to take the blue pill or the red pill, he admitedly would go for the blue pill for self preservation. As for me, give me a xanax with that red pill and down the rabbit hole we go. Matrix references, love em. One peice of advice for lurker now participant, is to keep posting, keep asking, and keep active on here. You need that normal release and you need us to tell your not crazy, yes they are oblivious and ignorant. You have broken that mold, keep shedding the "new personality" of submissive robot. When "The society is god" attitude around me gets to be too much, I get on here to do my ranting. I would rather devise and plot secretly on here since there is no one you can trust. Well, I hope we hear more from you P.A.

Trust No One

Honeybucket

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit