Your reaction if they drop the shunning policy?

by jam 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I would immediately look to the sky as I'm sure there would be pigs flying overhead!!! They will cease as an organization before they drop shunning. It's the only tool they have.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I would look for next year's stats to show a 98% drop in membership.

• jam
    jam

Sabastious:"wonder what they were up To" They realize

they are losing control, all about the money.

Caria: Talking to a Seventh Day Adventist and she told me

they have eased up on the shunning policy over the years.

Paralipomenon: Yes that,s the point, the WT said it,s ok.

Not true love.

Snakeface: "help them realize how much they had been

mislead". But on the other hand, if that wasn,t enough to

wake them up(destroy natural love) nothing will.

• loosie
    loosie

I would make the family shunners grovel. The reg bros and sis that shun me ( i am not df'd) I would follow them around walmart saying hello until they speak to me out of embarrasment. lol

• jam
    jam

wood: My thinking on that and I my be wrong(same as

the blood rules). The blood rules most JW,s adhere to that,

but shunning 50/50. I believe many would be relieved, it goes

against our human makeup.

Longhair Gal: yes "Loads and loads of apologies, prove how

sorry they were.

• undercover
    undercover

Mormons, IIRC, do not have an official shunning policy, yet they manage to coordinate the shunning of apostates and inactive members.

I actually prefer a writtin policy of shunning. There's no arguing over semantics of "no, we do not officially shun...". You can't deny it. It's right there in your literature. You shun. Period.

If they took away the official policy status, they'd still do adhere to promoting the action of it through talks and illustrations.

But, if you wanna examine the possibility of a major rehaul in doctrine to where they WTS dropped DFing and shunning, then we wouldn't need ex-JW boards or meet ups. JWs would just be another off-shoot sect, with no real reason to hold a grudge if you were allowed free will to leave and even disagree with their doctrine.

It'd be easy enough to forgive individual members, depending on my history with them. They were victims, same as us. Forgive the WTS, though? Never.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    wood: My thinking on that and I my be wrong(same as
    the blood rules). The blood rules most JW,s adhere to that,
    but shunning 50/50. I believe many would be relieved, it goes
    against our human makeup.

50-50? I think the JWs you knew were much nicer than the JWs I knew - of course, I left during the late 1970s Ray Franz era.

In my case, I would say only about 2 or 3 % would go against the shunning rules.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Doubt it would EVER happen.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

allthough they could make a "minor change" soon, I do agree with undercove:

"It will be easy enough to forgive individual members, depending on my history

with them. They were victims, same as us. Forgive the WTS, though? Never."

For the simple reason that it is a deliberate action/attitude/teaching for

the last 60 years .

Greetings, J.C. MacHislopp

• LV101
    LV101

They don't have brains enough to drop evil and show love following Christ and this shunning is the one thing worldly people know and talk about in public about the cult and it works like the plague distancing themselves from it. I was told they shun and cut off ex-members by junior high children many yrs. before studying. I didn't check out facts (before internet days but that's no excuse) or believe it possible (my stupidity). I hear about it every time I go to the malls shopping so the loser cult can't keep their evil in secret and that's the good thing.

I can't believe legal recourse is not available against the cult to those whose mental/physical health is affected by this rule. It affected my physical health just attending meetings trying to believe the carnival tricks/schemes (thanks to Terry --- he's right on) and being hit on for money at every angle. I can't believe the country's laws protect these crooks and their schemes --- and the politicians are worried about corporate fraud --- give me a break! Why don't they look at the rest of the corruption when this religion is a business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit