Your reaction if they drop the shunning policy?

by jam 34 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

How would you react toward those family members that

have treated you like you had leprosy. For years didn,t

bother to see if you are dead or a live, your mother, father

sons and daughters. And now because some old out of touch

bozo tell you, it,s ok to speak to your father, mother, sister

or brother every thing is ok. I don,t know about you, but I would be livid with rage.

I know the loving thing to do is forgive, and embrace them with

open arms but it would be very difficult.

We never know about the future of the borg, strange things has

happen with this cult.

So the question, how would you react. Dad this is your granddaughter,

she is 16yrs old now and her sister is 12, or I would like you to meet

your greatgrand son. That,s a lot to forgive.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

If they did drop the shunning policy I think I would be inclined to shun them instead! (I've been DF'd for 35+ years) what a bunch of phoney people!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Your reaction if they drop the shunning policy?

I'd wonder what they were up to! A company never gives up their means to live without a backup plan.

-Sab

• carla
    carla

They will never give up the shunning policy.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I have thought of this and I think I would continue to keep my distance.

The only reason they would be talking to me is because the Watchtower said it was okay. That is not love.

I have no need of fake people in my life.

• snakeface
    snakeface

Wouldn't matter to me. I left them. I don't have any family members in, and therefore have never been shunned by anyone that matters to me.

However let's pretend for a moment that I did have relatives in, and that they have shunned me for years. I would "forgive" them and asscoaite with them because that might help them realize how much they had been mislead, to their own loss not mine.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Even if they wrote it in the Watchtower (to give up shunning) the average Witness is so brainwashed and superstitious about this that they would still shun people as a practical matter.

Just like the "no blood" rules were changed for "fractions" - but probably a majority of witnesses would still refuse fractions out of past superstition.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

jam:

I never had any family in and when I began my "fade", all I lost were people who were sort-of friendly, which is to say, not much of a loss at all. So, it is difficult to speak for somebody who was treated like garbage by family members. This is the deepest kind of hurt.

If they were to drop the shunning policy and one of the two-faced people (who never bothered with me even in the day) were to come running up to me and throw their arms around me and do one of those "Oh, I missed you so much....." I would very politely peel them off me and quietly say "thank you". Then I would politely excuse myself and turn away. These people are absolute fools to imagine somebody is going to turn emotion on and off like a light switch. Trust and liking is something that is built up over time and if somebody is grievously wronged by someone there is no way they are instantly going to like that person just because some third party has the presumptuousness to decree that now they can. It can never be the same because there is too much water under the bridge. What a load of B.S. to think otherwise.

However, for people who have family still in, this is a tough question. I am sure people do want to see grandchildren and siblings. Possibly an old friendship here and there might be able to be re-kindled but there would have to be loads and loads of apologies and other things to prove how sorry they were.

• jam
    jam

Lynnie: thinking the same, hell after all these years .

What, thank you Jehovah for providing new light to

the FDS or GB (who ever receive new light these days).

How loving his appointed organization is, we realize the

damage we have done for the past 100yrs. Shove the apology

up your rear. I would literally take their WT, open it up and

spit in it and hand it back to them. This morning I woke up angry, sorry.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

About 4 years ago I got married to my longtime partner after living "in sin" for 10+ years. The light switch was turned on with my mother and now since he's not DF'd or never been a JW I think she likes him more than me! Before that she wouldn't even call him by name it was 'your friend"! Relationships just dont' work that way!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit