Image of God - the Bible or Christ?

by tec 132 Replies latest jw friends

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

..in fact - as a partial nod to the OP , the image of Christ as represented by the believers (those supposedly as one with Christ) is that of a fairground hall of mirrors, distorted, farcical, always different from each angle but all a representation of the original person not some third party.

• cofty
    cofty

Am I right in thinking you are a Roman Catholic Chariklo?

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I was spot on about about what your opinions consist of, yes, I know.

do tell

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Yes, Cofty.

• cofty
    cofty

I am curious how you reconcile the loving image of god you espouse here with the woeful and ongoing record of abuse and tyranny that is the Church of Rome?

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I think the trouble is that the Watchtower inflicts such an appalling view of God onto its followers that to me it isn't surprising at all that you and many others feel like this. I was very fortunate to have a very deep knowledge and understanding of God before the WT did its worst on me. It did, and that enables me to understand where you're coming from, and why you feel about God as you do.m ..." Chariklo, page #6

Hey, any 'god' that cannot even figure out what a volcano is, or can't get the sequence of "creation" right, isn't a 'god' to be viewed as "appalling" or anything else except clueless....

And 'his' followers, too??? What an odd coincidence...

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Cofty, sin is sadly everywhere. And human weakness.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Toodles all!! It's been fun, but...

I want to finish making more Halloween decorations, then an autumnal wreath for the door, then an Xmas wreath for the door, then Xmas presents - I'm making a ceremonial robe for my Wiccan high-priestess friend...

And as she would say,

"You 'uns have fun, y'hear??"

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Just realised you were responding to my post, Zid. Interesting.

On what do you base your theory that God "can't figure out what a volcano is". Sounds a bit bizarre a statement to me.

• cofty
    cofty

Charikla - But in the Roman Catholic Church abuse has been institutionalizated. It is the very antithesis of the Jesus you seem to admire.

Anyway its probably off-topic - it just seems very odd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit