Voting for the first time!!

by wolfman85 11 Replies latest jw friends

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I've thought of Christian neutrality as the WT teaches. John 6:15 is one of the arguments of the WT to stay out of the politics of this world (John 6:15: Perceiving then That They Were About to come and take him by force to make him king, Jesus Withdrew again to the mountain by himself.)

The fact is that Jesus had a specific job to do and limited time. His kingdom was not of this world. We are in this world, at least for now, and I think that exercising the right to vote to find some better living conditions, as are our ideals, it has nothing to do with failure to exercise faith in Jesus. I think there is nothing wrong in exercising this right.

Now, though, never do something that is against your conscience. If you have doubts is better don't do it. Blessings to all.

• LV101
    LV101

Irondork and Wolfman -- I agree with you about xtian neutrality and being no part of the world and while involved with the w/tower believed they were right on this. After I left and realized freedom comes at a great price and much sacrifice I appreciated the opportunity and privilege of voting again. I heard a theologian few mos. ago explaining that God places our leaders in their leadership positions thru xtian effort (since the country is of a judean-xtian foundation) thru our voting, and if we don't participate/contribute we can't blame God if the people suffer under the ruling power. It made more sense at the time and I'm confused about all this half the time but agree w/wolfman we're endeavoring to make the country better thru voting w/the goal of thus helping/aiding others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit