Voting for the first time!!

by wolfman85 11 Replies latest jw friends

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I'm 45 years old and I was raised as a JW. I left the "truth" two years ago, but I am not disfellowshipped. Any of you ever voted being an active JW? I will vote for first time this Tuesday.

• applehippie
    applehippie

I'll be 52 this year, raised as a JW. I registered four years ago but not in time for the presidential election. This will be my first time voting for the president. Faded, drifted without notice, still not DF or DA. Giving it some thought this year.

• NoStonecutters
    NoStonecutters

Voting in municipal and state elections are more important than federal ones. I wish people would scrutinize their local elected officials as much as they scrutinize the Hollywood show that is the US federal election.

• designs
    designs

Wolfman85- congratulations! I waited till I left the Org..

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

I heard it's actually not a disfellowshipping offense. Still it wouldn't be something one would not mention indiscriminately since it would be a stumbling act.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

This is my first year at 29. I walked it in to an early voting station here in Colorado. Felt good. I'v been out for a little over a year, just a fader, born in.

• LV101
    LV101

We who were under communism (watchtower) really appreciate voting. What a privilege and it's so important. I started voting again the minute I escaped the meetings.

• irondork
    irondork

I thought real hard about the voting issue during this election cycle. I don't have a problem exercising my civic responsibility, but the WT understanding of the whole world (including it's filthy politics) lying in the power of the wicked one makes for a compelling argument. I'm still not sure political neutrality is such a bad idea.

Did any of you guys have a hard time reaching your decision to vote?

I may yet change my mind on this but it's too late to register for this election.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Congrats! This will be my first voting experience as well after having faded a couple of years ago. LV101 is right - not having had the option before, I really appreciate being able to participate.

• Quando
    Quando

First time here also

42 yr old successful fader, I take advantage of the option of 3 halls meeting at a single building and the circuit is split...oh yeah!

nobody knows where I go

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit