So utterly hurt.

by LouBelle 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I'm inclined to wonder the same thing -- whether your grandmother is suffering from dementia. How sad that you have to suffer this way, I hope your father understand the possibility of dementia.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You are too sweet a person to be put through this. I think your grandmother is delusional for some reason. It might be age related or it could be mental illness. Was your grandmother in Brian's will?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Others have mentioned dementia, and that's what it sounds like - the early stages of age-related dementia...

Here's a website with the 10 warning signs of alzheimers:

http://www.alz.org/co/in_my_community_alzheimers_symptoms.asp

I noticed #4 - and #10 - #4 - "confusion with time or place", and #10 - "changes in mood and personality"...

It sounds like your grandmother has scrambled dates, places, and actions in her mind.

I am so sorry that she's cast you in such a false light. Perhaps as the disease progresses, your other family members will realize that she got information scrambled in her head.

Zid

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

When you described your pain I felt so badly for you. I hope you can work through it and it may be that grandma is having problems with her memory. Hang in there.??????

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

In the past I have been accused of malicious acts and theft from a (previously) good friend with early onset alzheimers and traits of autism. With even mild forms of these illnesses and syndromes, they experience delusions, suspicions and paranoia. I used to cook for this particular friend, once busted a rib while cleaning ivy from their house (fell of a ladder) and even unblocked their sewage pipes!

It's gotta hurt even more when it's a close family member. I really feel for you. Old age is a bitch, and your grandma's behavoiur probably won't get better.

be strong x

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

(((((((LouBelle))))))))

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Thanks again everyone.

Read a quote today by Winston Churchill "A lie will get half way across the world before truth has even had a chance to put it's pants on"

I am a touch cookie and I am okay. No more tears, no more nonsense. The only thing is some of my family have shot themselves in their foot - Iwill not live in servitude to them any longer. What happend was the last straw for me. I'm not going to be nasty or wipe them out of my life, things have changed and taking all aspects into consideration will only be there if it is something that is important - as in - if it's to do with my grandparents health.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Sorry to hear about this,Lou.

Bangalore

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

LouBelle, there are several good points made that I have nothing to add to, except to send you a <<HUG>>

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I am a touch cookie

That sounds rather nice. I wish I was in a position to help you out with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit